USS New York LPD-21 - Cyber-hobby (1/700)

Hi,

After almost 5 years I’m resuming to build model warships at 1/700.

I ordered the USS New York LPD-21 from Cyber-hobby as well as extra RIM-116 from WEM produced by Orange-hobby.

The level of detail of the Orange-hobby RIM's is amazing and they have the correct dimensions. The same cannot be said regarding the original RIM's.

I also added Edward railings and SBROC's.

The flight deck will have 2x MV-22 Osprey (included in the kit), 1x UH-1N Twin Huey from WEM (Ref. AS 7177) and 2x or 3x AH-1W Super Cobra from WEM (Ref. AS 7176).

One of the MV-22 will be folded (main wing and propellers) on the way to the hangar and the second one parked with the rear ramp opened.

I still have in mind to put a hovering MV-22 Osprey from WEM (AS 7077) with a Humvee from JAG (Ref. JAG 803) or a 155mm howitzer included in the JMSDF LST 4002 Shimokita Tamiya Kit.

The following image shows a similar configuration what I have in mind to my LPD, but without the Sea Stallions.

inadditiontotheseaknigh.jpg

As far as the MV-22 Osprey camouflage pattern concern, this is the scheme I used:

fl48012p.jpg

I used a RHIB inside the starboard side behind the large sliding door with a scratch crane, as the Cyber-hobby kit does not include a single one!

I must order some extra RHIB from WEM to storage amidships.

The stern gate will be open with a LCAC also included in the Cybery-hobby kit with a couple of Humvees or M923 Trucks (Ref. JAG 802).

lpd214.jpg

For the time been the LPD will be temporarily placed with a full hull configuration in the stand provided with the kit, but in the future this will be my first project with a model in a water diorama.

Now some photos:

usslpd21newyorkcyberhob.jpg

usslpd21newyorkcyberhobw.jpg

I'm still working on the Nulka launchers to be placed near the SBROC Launchers.

Hope you like it!

Thanks.

Regards,

Ayala Botto

Edited by Ayala Botto