Kitty Hawk Mirage F.1s

While I'm impressed with the kit I'm rather disappointed in that there is no 30mm cannon pod, seems like only one of the regular external tanks & no CBL-4 centerline bomb rack. This will limit how many of these I will buy, especially if the latter two issues are carried over into the single seat version.

30mm cannon on F-1B????

V.P.

Indeed

Check out the post I started this thread with

Will the kits, particularly the two-seater, bring the Dassault CC-420 cannon pod? I have seen Spanish Mirage F.1Bs carry up to two or three of these pods.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7072870&nseq=62

_RHS6538

http://www.aviationcorner.net/show_photo_en.asp?id=96069

http://www.aviationcorner.net/show_photo_en.asp?id=96001

hi guys

i'm working very hard to get those guys new canopies as we speak.

it will be solved

Glen

Direct message to Kagnew

1. Mirage F-1B and the future Mirage F-1C

A quick examination of the sprues indicate us that the "two underwing fuel tanks"

configuration is absent to this Mirage F-1B offer.

Lets hope that this "very often used" configuration in real Mirage F-1 operations will be

offered with your future single seat Mirage F-1C, with two ( 2 x ) underwing fuel tanks.

I repeat : Two ( 2 ) underwing fuel tanks with their "wet" pylons. !

If not, we will have, like for the older Esci / Italeri Mirage F-1 kit, to buy two full boxes

to be able to model this very popular configuration.

( Is it your real objective behind this important missing part ? )

2. Jaguar A and future Jaguar GR.1/3

You had exactly the same problem with your Jaguar A kit. Only one fuel tanks.

And the two underwing fuel tanks was also a "very often used" configuration in real Jaguar A

operations. Not to mention the two missing profiled underwingroots chaff & flares dispensers.

By the way,

It is also a "very often used" configuration in real RAF Jaguar GR.1 / GR.3 and Export Jaguar

operations.

Take note for any future Jaguar GR.1 / GR.3 project.

:angry:

SharkOwl

Pretty nice kit.

But there are a few things that bug me a little.

1. The cockpit. It seems very "flat" with no extra detail. The included photo-etch does not seem to give great three-dimensional detail. What about the throttle? I can't seem to find it on the sprue's. Also, the P/E instrument panels don't seem to add much to the flat panel's themselves. The back seat panel is still rather void of any detail. The seats are also "OK" with the P/E. Although, I would replace them with resin. And no actuators for the canopies? Also, what about the detail on the pilots instrument coaming/hood/glare shield? There is lots of detail missing on it. I am hoping that the resin Pavla or NeOmega resin cockpits will fit. Perhaps with a little sanding they will work on the single seat version.

2. The landing gear doors. If you wanted to have them closed, is there any "lip" around the edge of the bay to support the closed doors? Most pics I have seen of the aircraft sitting on the ground, engine off, have the landing gear doors (nose/mains) closed. I hope this is possible in the kit.

3. Wing/H-tail attachment. It would seem that there are locking "tabs" on the wings and H-tail. This looks like it will be a problem when dry-fitting. Unless it is a good, tight, straight fit, we will have to remove these "tabs" to make dry fitting easier.

4. The engine. It is a wast of plastic, because it won't be seen. I plan on cutting it in half and use the rear portion only. By doing this, it means less "extra" weight in the back.

5. Extra intakes. I noticed that there are two sets of intakes. I'm not sure what the difference is off-hand. I wonder what versions we will see in the future?

6. The wings. KH did the same thing that ESCI did for attaching the wing pylons. They gave us slots instead of pins. (Why?) It is easier to fill in eight tiny pin holes than four large slots if we don't want to use wing pylons. It just makes more filling/sanding work. I also wonder how well the leading edge slats fit in the closed position. I also noticed the small pins for attaching the wingtip launchers on the rails.

7. Fuel tanks. YES!!!!! You do get two tanks for the wings!!! Most of the aircraft pics show that they always had two wing tanks. The ESCI kit only gave us one I think.

8. Weapons. Why so many for the two seat "B" trainer version? The weapons would be more appropriate for the single seat version. Either way, we get a good selection. However, I think the outer pylons are left blank? What ordnance would go out there? Probably AAM's?

9. The plastic. The quality of the plastic is typical Trumpeter/Hobby Boss/Kinetic. That semi-rough textured surface. Why can't these companies from China polish the molds a little better so they are smoother? However, I am sure it will look better under primer/paint/clear coat.

10. Decals. It would have been nice if KH included other countries on the sheet that use this version. (Spain is one of them) Perhaps in future versions?

Other than that, it is still a nice kit an way better than the ESCI.Italeri one. It just needs a better cockpit. Hopefully there will be a resin one coming in the future.

What do you guys think?

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Edited by f-16

Direct message to Kagnew

1. Mirage F-1B and the future Mirage F-1C

A quick examination of the sprues indicate us that the "two underwing fuel tanks"

configuration is absent to this Mirage F-1B offer.

Actually the sprue shots show THREE tanks in the kit, two standard ones (one on the sprue with the intake spitter plates, and one on one of the weapons sprues) and the large CT/CR style centreline.