Blender 3D Anson and Hurricane

glasort3cr-1.jpg

AnsoverW.jpg

50mmat96ft2.png

I noticed Art has been delving into the world of 3D using Blender freeware with his Bell X1 project.

I've been busy over the past couple of months creating a couple of quick models to use as composition aids to a tricky painting I have to complete.

Note the irony there ! Months and quick don't really match up do they .

I constucted the basic virtual plastic models without too much heartache . Then I got the bug and decided to take them through to the textured finish stage - something I had not tackled before .

The Hurricane came first and after a lot of wrong turns I finally pressed enough buttons to unwrap large enough chunks ,export into Photoshop and clad the model with the image painted therein .

Enthused with this success I tackled the Anson . This proved to be much more difficult because of the greater number of "objects" in the build . After a long tussle I finally managed to apply a painted image to the model and tidy up some areas like the engine nacelles using Blender's internal paint facility.

The composition sets the aircraft quite far away so I wasn't looking for anywhere near good models (and I certainly achieved that aim! ) But - they suffice for layout purposes.

The horses and cart with men are just crude blocks for place holding / scale .

The beauty of all this effort is that I can now play God with the aircraft and ground objects till we reach something agreeable to the client.

As well as playing God I can be photographer in chief and decided the size of lens and digital sensor to use . The visible limits ray and focus point on the camera allow you to position it and see the distance to subject.

Edited by NeilF92
  • 4 weeks later...