Anyone know hat this Spit kit is?

Am I correct to presume that the Hasi Mk.IX kit has a short tail like the Mk.V has?

Based on the huge amount of past discussions of this kit, the fuselage is about 5mm too short between the firewall and the rudder post. The shortage isn't all in the tail. The spinner is about 1.5mm too long (plus too bulbous), perhaps as an effort to make up for the short fuselage.

Based on the huge amount of past discussions of this kit, the fuselage is about 5mm too short between the firewall and the rudder post. The shortage isn't all in the tail. The spinner is about 1.5mm too long (plus too bulbous), perhaps as an effort to make up for the short fuselage.

The discrepancy in length is in fact spread over the whole fuselage , not just behind the firewall ,which makes it harder to correct.

Engine cowling and the rear fuselage both need extending to give a totally accurate dimension.

Andrew

Am I correct to presume that the Hasi Mk.IX kit has a short tail like the Mk.V has?

I think I misinterpreted Otto's question since he had already referred to the Hasegawa IX as "bob-tailed" so obviously was aware of the short fuselage issue. Otto, the Hasegawa kit does supply both early and "2nd generation" extended rudders.

Important point to note with this boxing: whilst one of the options in the box is a hi-backed XVIe, the cannon bay covers for the e wing are not included in the box.

It's a useful source of good "c" wings to match with an Aeroclub fuselage though. I'm also wondering if I'll be able to use the wings with the Airfix PRXIX fuselage, when it comes out, to produce a XIVc.