1:72 Transformers Starscream F-22

Reminds me of an Apache I saw at work one day. If you look on the engine cowling you will see it.

Brandon

002_zpseb59d87c.jpg

Wow~~~ This is going to be a good idea to build an Apache. Thanks for your sharing, Brandon.

• 1 month later...

Thank you, twhite80.

Updated.

15447102456_035e5622eb_o.jpg

Mixed Gunze Hobby Color 301 gray with a little bit black. Airbrushed the color on the areas of tattoo.

15283484980_724b49c107_o.jpg

It took approximately 20 hours for the masking, took less than one hour to remove all of them. The result looks great to me.

15283484170_a187b23831_o.jpg

Nice work!!!

I did the same thing in 1/48 two yrs ago using the academy kit. I got the tattoo markings from the web, went to Kinko's,and had them printed on frisket paper. I used these for masks to airbruss all the markings. I closed all bay doors as well. I think it is better looking this way. After all it's about STARSCREAM not the F-22.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK

Thank you, canadadry1, Todd and Far148.

Nice work!!!

I did the same thing in 1/48 two yrs ago using the academy kit. I got the tattoo markings from the web, went to Kinko's,and had them printed on frisket paper. I used these for masks to airbruss all the markings. I closed all bay doors as well. I think it is better looking this way. After all it's about STARSCREAM not the F-22.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK

Wow!! Do you mind to show us your Starscream? Before I began this, I was thinking to build a 1/48 Starscream. It would look super nice in 1/48 scale. But I didn’t have any 1/48 F-22 at that moment, also 1/48 Starscream would eat too much tapes for the tattoos. So I try it on 1/72 scale.

Kinko's Work;

When I was @ Kinko's, the gentleman was very helpful. I took the kit fuselage halves (top/bottom) with me. The guy transferred the tattoo markings from my flash drive to his PC, scaled the images to match the kit parts, then gave me printed sheets of the top & bottom tattoos. With these in hand I loaded 8 1/2 x 11 frisket paper into my printer and out came my stencils. The good part is , the whole sheet lays right on top of the kit parts & matches perfect. I just cut out each pattern of tattoo in progression until complete. And you can make as many pattern copies as you need, and they are already lined up ready to cut.

GOTTA THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX

Edited by Todd

Holy cow! That is awesome!

Thank you, twhite80.

Kinko's Work;

When I was @ Kinko's, the gentleman was very helpful. I took the kit fuselage halves (top/bottom) with me. The guy transferred the tattoo markings from my flash drive to his PC, scaled the images to match the kit parts, then gave me printed sheets of the top & bottom tattoos. With these in hand I loaded 8 1/2 x 11 frisket paper into my printer and out came my stencils. The good part is , the whole sheet lays right on top of the kit parts & matches perfect. I just cut out each pattern of tattoo in progression until complete. And you can make as many pattern copies as you need, and they are already lined up ready to cut.

GOTTA THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX

Todd, it sounds like a good way to have the tattoos. Thanks for your shring.

Here is the last update. Thanks for your watching.

15497824556_de4feb0838_o.jpg

Washed the fuselage with oil paint. Also used soft pastel to adjust the color tones. At last, airbrushed flat clear paint on fuselage.

15334341368_7f04362afd_o.jpg

In addition, made some oil stains by soft pastel on the bottom of fuselage.

15520609362_96e0268ff2_o.jpg

Airbrushed Tamiya X-19 smoke on the canopy. Then used clear paint to glue the canopy on fuselage.

15520609432_9f43e820e3_o.jpg

Put the aircraft on the display stand base. The Staracream was done.

that is by far the coolest looking F22 I've ever seen and the best rendition of Starscream to boot!! You get extra respect for the fact you didn't cheat and use decals - you hand masked everything and mate - what a job you did! :worship:

You so have to take some more photos and put it up in the Display Room or Critique Corner

Well done!

MH