F-15 C "Eagle" Msip2

Presentacion_zps704e4ed6.jpg

Tenors, well presented the work last year, which is born of the armed group of the 40 years of the McDonnell Douglas F-15 this past academy kit scale 1/48 .. the good the model really sick, almost box ... photograbado sick and delicated modifications, perhaps a mistake with the nozzles I had to replace the rest here this ... the model represents the F-15C No. 82-0019 of the 71st FS / 1st FW, based at Incirlik (Turkey) and Sheikh Isa (Bahrain) This jet was the flagship for the deployment of the 1st FW to Turkey and then Bahrain during Operation Iraqi Freedom, the squadron sister unit, the FS 94, spent the war on the ground in Incirlit Air Base, Turkey. the 71st deployed 12 F-15C, the latest of which returned to the U.S. on April 25, 2003.

The color scheme is the classic Eagles in light ghost gray and dark ghost gray lower in patches (to give it a more bluish tone using a mixture of 1741 mm dgg and HU-48) for the metallic's done with Humbrol metallizers and master model, the wear and panels made in pencil and pastels, plus add tamiya smoke of metallic parts and some weathering soot, burnt and burnt blue network in areas of the nozzles and motors ...

now much talk and pictures

SAM_1184_zpsb6f6a93c.jpg

SAM_1190_zps9179cca7.jpg

SAM_1196_zpsa2e74e19.jpg

SAM_1201_zpsf79258cf.jpg

SAM_1206_zpsbedc7b84.jpg

SAM_1215_zpse8e209c9.jpg

SAM_1222_zpse018b23d.jpg

SAM_1228_zpsa63fc5e4.jpg

SAM_1229_zps94997db4.jpg

Well gentlemen, I am aware of comments, criticisms and improvements .. of the pilot, "Don Juanito Gacitua" :P and mine, thanks for stopping, Greetings from southern chile

Edited by Victor Manuel

The model is very good. Just a simple comment, with the engines running the canopy strut would be removed. It is a safety strut designed to ensure the canopy doesn't fall when there is no hydraulic pressure. Otherwise it looks pretty much like the jets I worked on at various bases! Dirty too, you hardly ever see a clean F-15.

JMC

Edited by Eagle21

Also, two other things, the forward nose gear door would be closed and the ailerons would be more or less streamlined with the wingtips with the engines running. Please don't think that I am criticizing your work, because it is exceptionally good and impressive.

JMC

• 2 weeks later...

Victor, Nice build. I like your first photo, because it it similar to what the pilot sees when he looks over his shoulder. Those huge wings look really small when looking at them from the cockpit. And, the wings of an F-16 look even smaller when looking back from the cockpit. Great job.