1/32 Revell Mig 29UB/GT (04751)

Well, i can choose a kit for Christmas and this kit just got back in stock at my LHS.

I can't seem to find any reviews so the question is, is it any good? I'm not looking for great accuracy, but i don't like mayor blunders. So, does this kit have any. Are the panels scribed?

Hi...

There are zacto correction set for the intake and exuast part,regarding the cockpit,if i'm not wrong,there is only for the single seat,and not for the twin,not from aires,maybe black box....

There are eduard photo etched part,for the internal and external,i guess the external could be used for the twin seat too.

Regarding the bang seat,you can take an aires seat....wich is very good,i used it for my flanker and i'm going to use it for the MIG 29 UB/GT too....

Have a nice day

If you search for info on the Revell single-seater 1/32 MiG-29, you'll find most of the errors since they are shared. As far as a major error, all of the Revell Mig-29s have very undersized exhausts, with corresponding undersized rear fuselage engine tunnels. There are a number of other issues, but that's probably the biggest. As noted, Zactoman has a correction set.

http://www.zactomodels.com/html/MiG29details/MiG-29details.htm

The cockpit is a bit sparse for the scale, with no sidewall detail at all. Strangely, the instrument panel and side consoles have all recessed detail instead of the traditional raised detail, which makes painting a bit more difficult. The missiles are all poor, especially the AA-11s. The AA-10s are the best of a bad lot, but you can't use them on the UB since it didn't have a radar to giude them. The kit does have recessed panel lines, though.

OK, thanks for the input guys. The conversion set is a bit to expensive for my taste.

I'm not yet a great moddeler, so i don't want to spend to much money on a kit as long as my skills don't meet up to it.

So i think i will be going for a 1/32 panavia tornado.