Qatar Emiri Air Force C-17

Here is a model my friend Kristian built of a QEAF C-17. Since there were no markings available for this aircraft, we had to create them. I did most of the decal art work and Kristian did all the building and finishing. When I get better pics together I will post more.

2012-12-17-351_zps9af5559e.jpg

Thanks for the kind words! It's been a long project, the Qatar Air Force markings on the forward fuselage were a real mission to get right, they have two separate and distinct curvatures that Ron and myself had to figure out by trial and error.

Yeah, you can build the Qatar Airways one out of the box with the Revell kit. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words! It's been a long project, the Qatar Air Force markings on the forward fuselage were a real mission to get right, they have two separate and distinct curvatures that Ron and myself had to figure out by trial and error.

Yeah, you can build the Qatar Airways one out of the box with the Revell kit. :thumbsup:/>

Hey Kris, welcome to ARC! I'll get some better pics up to show your great work once I figure out how to "paint with light" on the I am a spammer, please report this post..

Very timely post too, with the C-17s airborne today for Qatar National Day. :coolio:

A7-MAA was joined over Doha this morning by A7-MAB and A7-MAC. I noticed the 4th one is A7-MAE, possibly to avoid the registration A7-MAD? :)

Here's some pics I took with the apperature wide open for 20 seconds and a hand held flash in a dark room, it's my first attempt at this technique, still trying to get the hang of this macro lens also.

DSC_0309_zps52f160c1.jpg

DSC_0312_zpsafac9856.jpg

DSC_0314_zpsa972075e.jpg

DSC_0317_zpsb0dc9fdb.jpg

DSC_0318_zps80a90813.jpg

DSC_0313_zpsab81280f.jpg

Very timely post too, with the C-17s airborne today for Qatar National Day. coolio.gif

A7-MAA was joined over Doha this morning by A7-MAB and A7-MAC. I noticed the 4th one is A7-MAE, possibly to avoid the registration A7-MAD? smile.gif

You are correct. The fourth C-17 will be registered as A7-MAE. The Qataries did not want a MAD airplane monketdance4.gif

Bashace good job trying a new technique in your photos. Keep practicing and you will get the hang of it.

Too bad you went to all that trouble for the Qatari markings. They're available from F-Dcal :)/>

They weren't available when we started this project last year. The only Qatari markings I see on the F-dcal site are for the Qatar Airways scheme, is it listed somewhere other than their website?