I'll be getting one in February from an ARC member, and am trying to collect refs and such on it now. Anyone have any advice? Are there any on-line reviews or progress builds I can draw from? Any hang-ups? Any aftermarket that is suggested? And last, has anyone tried to fit the Dragon M1 Abrams kits (either the A1 AIM or A2 SEP) on it?

Thank's for the help.

Aaron

I'll be getting one in February from an ARC member, and am trying to collect refs and such on it now. Anyone have any advice? Are there any on-line reviews or progress builds I can draw from? Any hang-ups? Any aftermarket that is suggested? And last, has anyone tried to fit the Dragon M1 Abrams kits (either the A1 AIM or A2 SEP) on it?

Thank's for the help.

Aaron

Tons of build blogs and a few reviews over at Armorama

I've got mine when Squadron had it for 50USD under their mystery deal gig, IMO it is the best kit from Hobbyboss so far, very well detailed and accurate enough to build OOB, but you might want to add a few cables, winch detail and hydrolic plumbing here and there. A general PE set could add some extra fine detail, but it isn't really necessary unless you want to build armored cab version. DML's new tool Abrams fits just fine, there are plenty of options for towing load: from Buffalo and Maxx pro to just about everything in Army's current land vehicle inventory. If you want something more exotic, there are photos of HETs hauling Iraqi T-72M and even a German Hummel SPG.

I would agree that resin tires would look better but price wise....ouch. One thing I have heard/seen is there is an issue with the hood, something is off with it but I don't recall all the details but IIRC it dealt with the look of the hood as it joins the cab.

Don't expect it too be a fast build, this one will take a while. I would think of it as two kits, cab and trailer.

If you stick an Abrams on it and it over hangs the sides that is ok and correct.

Iraq8-3.jpg

I would agree that resin tires would look better but price wise....ouch. One thing I have heard/seen is there is an issue with the hood, something is off with it but I don't recall all the details but IIRC it dealt with the look of the hood as it joins the cab.

Don't expect it too be a fast build, this one will take a while. I would think of it as two kits, cab and trailer.

If you stick an Abrams on it and it over hangs the sides that is ok and correct.

Iraq8-3.jpg

I take it you imply resin wheel set from either ET or Voyager. They are essentially a cast of kit's PVC and plastic hub glued together, no extra detail (not that the kit ones need any) or crisp reliefs, just change of medium from PVC to resin. Kit tires can be painted and weathered without much fuss (just apply primer first), and will not chip unless someone wants to play it like a toy.