1:48 Eduard MiG-21 Bis 8705 Red

Nice looking Mig. What color did you use for the cockpit?

Cheers,

John

Thanks John.

I mixed Gunze H46 emerald green with H25 sky blue to match photo etched parts color. Propotion was 50/50. It looks little blueish on pictures. In fact it's more greenish.

WOW phenomenal Fishbed Sir, Outstanding work all the way around. Quick question for you, what brand and colors did you use for your NMF? They are dead on.

Dave Fassett

Good question Dave. Polish MiG's-21 bis were painted with some kind of silver-greyish paint therefore I wouldn't call it NMF. Choosing the colors and brand for this built was a real challenge. Eduard suggests Gunze C8 however it is not available in the stores (at least in Poland). Fortunately I still have two bottles of it. So I used C8 with a some addition of satin gray (I think I used Gunze Light Ghost Grey). I sprayed this mix on Gunze Surfacer 1200. After that I airbrushed Gunze Clear Gloss all over the airframe. I also did some exercise trying Super Clear Gloss from the rattle can and sprayed it on the center line drop tank (gloss finish was amazing however little too thick for me). Then I applied the decals and used Tamiya smoke to mimic preshading. It was giving too much contrast so I airbrushed some Gunze SM218 mixed with gray followed by C8 in few places trying to obtain worn off surface and tone down the smoke.

Regards,

Dan

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Beautiful! :jaw-dropping:/> Really wish I had the talent for the weathered aluminum paint jobs.

The Hi decals are those dry transfers? That would be perfect for N.M. paint jobs BTW. :thumbsup:/>

No they are water transfers.