Haven't Been On Lately....

I've been off the forums for quite a while now, and I figured it was time to let y'all know why. Of course, part of it is the fact I'm working 80+ hour weeks at two jobs, so the time really isn't there anymore. Thing is, the money isn't there for modelling like it was before either. THAT is because of these guys:

IMG_3606.jpg

IMG_3607.jpg

IMG_3610.jpg

IMG_3609.jpg

IMG_3608.jpg

The 1200 (red one) I bought nearly a year ago now. It was in great shape when I got it, and has been running awesome ever since I brought it home (knock on wood). The 1000 (black one, but eventually yellow if I get it running perfect) I bought this past fall and have been slowly working towards fixing it up this winter.

I had a 1980 Yamaha (XS11) before this, but I could never get it to run right so I sold it and used the proceeds to buy my 1200. Since then it seems I've been bitten by the Goldwing bug....... (and yes, I AM looking at more than these. M(ultiple)B(ike)S(yndrome) has hit me hard....) :woot.gif:

Well first it's very good to know you're still alive and kick-stand-ing :rolleyes:/> , and second by now you should know if all the folks here did builds all the time the In prog and display case would be very pic heavy...you don't have to be building just to post...just show up and comment...a lot of us do whether we're building or not. However riding two bikes must be very demanding on time and attention especially if ya doing both bikes at the same time :whistle:/> :D/> . :hmmm:/> That I'd like to see.

1975 was the very first model year of any Goldwing EVER. Mine's a 1977 (but I'd like to backdate it to a '75/'76- a few cosmetic changes). In 1978/'79 the 1000 was drastically changed. The GL1100 came out in 1979 and lasted until 1984(?), the 1200 coming out in 1984 and lasting until.... I forget. My 1200 (red) is also the last year you could buy a "naked" Goldwing. The GL1500 was the first with a 6 cylinder engine, which Honda later put in a different frame to make the Valkyrie (which I WILL own someday), and the GL1800 is their current Goldwing model.

(As you can see, I'm not JUST interested in aircraft history!)

Because the 1200 has been running like a peach I'd like to try a long (3 week) trip with it this next summer. The 1000 has been a bit of a PITA, biggest reason being that not only did the previous owner let it sit for a LONG time, he also felt the need to drill out the fuel jets in the carburetors for whatever reason- cheap horsepower or something. Took me a month to figure THAT out. There's still a few parts I need for the 1000- refurbished gas tank, minor carb and trim parts- but it's to the point where it's ridable.

As for modelling, I picked up a 1/72 XF-85 not too long ago. I figure it would be an awesome quick project to get back into things. Pics soon? Who knows. I'm horrible at backing those promises up.