Need more 50's Jets in 48th scale!

12 members have voted

1. 1. What 50's/60's jet would you like kitted in 48th scale?

• F-102/6

Hey cats!

We talked about this a while ago - in all genres - but i have noticed that 50's and early 60's jets in particular dont get a big run with manufacturers - i myself would love to see a better ( fully injection moulded) F-102/6 in 48th scale - I know Airfix are doing some british jets this year but the quality of them will only be told after you buy them if you know what i mean - but what would you want to see from that era?

My first Poll topic :-)

ads

Personally I'm quite happy to do the work needed on the Monogram kits of those types mentioned above. I'd like to see manufacturers use their resources on some stuff that afaik has never been done in an injection-moulded kit in 1:48 like:

Another vote here for the Cougar, to include a Cougar-with-cameras, the F9F-8P (contender for the ugliest-nose-ever award);

Swift FR5;

EB-66/RB-66;

RB-45.

Yes, I know I'm biased in favour of reconnaissance types, as SIG leader one has to set an example ;)

Edited by MikeC

I know Airfix are doing some british jets this year but the quality of them will only be told after you buy them if you know what i mean

ads

Really? Built the Airfix 1/48 Sea Vixen? The 1/48 Javelin is going to be better than that. Airfix are on a roll at the moment, the R&D and design team have gained a lot of experience over the last couple of years and are now at the top of their game. The new kits bear no resemblance to those first released after the Hornby takeover.

Hey cats!

I know Airfix are doing some british jets this year but the quality of them will only be told after you buy them if you know what i mean

ads

I do! I do! Which is why Airfix is the *only* company I want building my 50's jets.

A 1/48 Gnat would be nice first up. Then...

Any mark of Meteor or Venom

Jet Provost, or a Strikemaster or both

Can't think of any US aircraft of the era that inspires me much.

Maybe the Tweet?

Or the NA Fury?

Other countries?

Mirage IIIE (whih is actually very early 60's but the Mirage IIIB/C were 50's)

FWIW which is not much

Shane