Okay...My first group build.

I didn't realize it until I started reading the specs, but I've two pieces I just finished, with the decals and Dullcote, here last week.

One is a Testors/Italeari Dornier Do-24 done in MLD livery and an ARII 'Rufe' floatplane. Both in 1:72 scale.

So, I need to get pix up, right?

Edited by Dakota Roo

Okay...My first group build.

I didn't realize it until I started reading the specs, but I've two pieces I just finished, with the decals and Dullcote, here last week.

One is a Testors/Italeari Dornier Do-24 done in MLD livery and an ARII 'Rufe' floatplane. Both in 1:72 scale.

So, I need to get pix up, right?

Here they are:

029_zps6c69d092.jpg

Dornier Do-24, done in what I hope is close to the MLD (Netherlands Naval Aviation Service) outfitted their craft (along with PBY Catalinas) for service in the Dutch East Indies. After hostilities began in December 1941, the orange triangles would have been de-emphasized on the upper surfaces.

024_zpsc5018b47.jpg

...and my Nakajima A6M2-N 'Rufe'. It looks way too new; like they just rolled it out of the factory. Evidently, this model spent most of its time in and around the north Pacific. The Aleutians, I guess.

Edited by Dakota Roo