Diameter for Albatros D.V/D.Va propellers

I have a 1/72 kit, from Airfix, and the propeller needs to be replaced. I want to sctratchbuild a new one, but some data is still needed. At first, I wanted to just build a propeller using the same diameter as the kit's, but cheking info somewhere, I found than the actual diameter was way longer than the kit's propeller (converting the 1/1 propeller diameter to 1/72). So I need the diameter taken from a 1/48 or 1/32 kit just to be sure. Thanks a lot in advance. Best regards.

José.

Hi José,

The original production Albatros D.V used the Axial propeller, which was 2780 mm in diameter. On later production D.V and D.Va aircraft Albatros used the Wolff propeller, which was 2750 mm in diameter. The third propeller was the Heine Propeller, 2780 mm in diameter. The Wingnut Wings D.Va kit comes with 4(!) props, all of which are 86mm in length, which would match the later production length of 2750mm - 1/72 would, therefore, come in at 38mm.

Vince

Edited by vince14