sealing printed decals

I had a buddy who works for a print shop print me out two test runs of decals on vinyl and restore decal sheets. I have read online that some use micro super film to seal the decals after printing to preseve the ink from running or coming off. I haven't found anywhere that sells this so I'm curious if there's something new that folks use for this. Any help is appreciated.

I have printed custom decals in the past on Laser Printer Decal Paper and used them without any sealer with no problems. The one time I tried bubble jet printed decals I used the Testors Decals set like this one: http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/decals/tes/decal_tes_decal.shtml. However I found the decals to bee very thick when I used it, but maybe I was just not experienced enough.

I have since bought the Micro Liquid Decal Film from Microscale, but have not had a chance to try it yet.

http://www.microscale.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MI-12&

I have also read about using Future Floor polish to seal the decals.

Denis

I have also read about using Future Floor polish to seal the decals.

Avoid Future as decal sealer.

I have had a full set of homemade decals, printed with an ink jet printer, dissolved as immerged into water because I seal them with the Future.

The only sealer tested by me that has did the his work was the TESTORS GLOSS Enamel.

Yeah, you have to use something not-water based for covering inkjet printed decals. The Testors decal sealer is basically (or maybe exactly) their Glosscote varnish. Most non-acrylic clear sprays should be good enough. I usually use a couple light coats.

Testors makes a product for this purpose, it's called decal bonder. In a rattle can. Use that or microscale decal film. If you use the microscale stuff, make the ink is dry because you have to brush it on. Because of that testors decal bonder is better. Dont use dull or gloss coat.