Peterbilt 359

Hey guys

I got this project started a long time ago, I had only the frame done for several months, but now that I'm moved I finally got a real workspace and it really help.

So here is my Revell Peterbilt 359

img1015z.jpg

So far I got pretty much all of the frame together and detailed, and it roll's

img0905mh.jpg

and that steering link give me real trouble, it broke like 3 or 4 times

img0909iq.jpg

img0925c.jpg

I also stripped the chrome of the tanks and redo them, look way much better

img0929je.jpg

Finally for now I got the engine pretty much ready for assembly, should be done by the end of the week

img0936du.jpg

It really help to have my own corner

img1018zj.jpg

More to come

Thanks for looking and all comments will be appreciated

Hulk

Edited by Hulk
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey thanks for the good words!

I got some work done, so here it is

I still got some detail to do on the head, but it's coming together. I'm not sure it's 100% accurate but at least it look realistic

img1060zi.jpg

I also get the base coat on for the interior

img1055zn.jpg

img1056oy.jpg

I will be detailling the interior with a second tone red, as the body color will be

All of the body work is done and ready for primer, but I have to built myself a spraybooth first. I spray the interior color (Tamiya Spray can) in my apartment without a booth and it turns out a very bad idea, so I'm on still on that for now. Anyways I still have other pieces to finish, I attack the back end of the truck.

img1026hy.jpg

img1050wq.jpg

As you can see I opened the area over the flaps, just to put in some detail.

More to come

Hulk

Thanks

I got some more done

The engine is complete and it's in with the driveshaft, start to come along, I will have the rad in by tomorow.

I got some problems detailling the head of the engine, after a lot of work and some mistakes I finally got a result that suits me fine.

img1083q.jpg

img1074hi.jpg

img1084v.jpg

img1069g.jpg

The fifth wheel pin is in and the flaps will come along during the week, so the rear end will be done.

img1080ix.jpg

Thanks for watching

Hulk

I know it will look way better with a wash, but I'm afaraid to scrap my engine. Could I event try it if it's already in or it will be a sure fail?

Quick update: the flaps only miss the Peterbilt logo on it and they will go on (during the week-end) and then the bak end will be completely finish. I still putting some details in the interior.

Pics will follow soon

Quick question: I want to do a little drybrush on my dash gauges, but last time I try that it turn bad and awful. so far I got the bottom of the gauges flat black and want to do the brush white, but it's very small area, the rest of the dash is already paint wood, so I would have to do each gauge separately. Any tips or advises will be welcome.

Thanks

Hulk

Edited by Hulk

No, I will just do the van. I would like to put a trailer (like a car transport) back there but it's gonna wait for later or another truck.

Sorry for the delays, but I had an awful week-end and nothing done, but I'm back on it and the pics will follow asp.

Hulk

I know it will look way better with a wash, but I'm afaraid to scrap my engine. Could I event try it if it's already in or it will be a sure fail?

Quick update: the flaps only miss the Peterbilt logo on it and they will go on (during the week-end) and then the bak end will be completely finish. I still putting some details in the interior.

Pics will follow soon

Quick question: I want to do a little drybrush on my dash gauges, but last time I try that it turn bad and awful. so far I got the bottom of the gauges flat black and want to do the brush white, but it's very small area, the rest of the dash is already paint wood, so I would have to do each gauge separately. Any tips or advises will be welcome.

Thanks

Hulk

Washes are pain free. As long as you use a water based wash then you are free to experiment with it as you wish. If you don't like it just clean it off with water or windex. I usually just sludge a ton of it on there and ten dip q-tips in water, dab off the excess, and start wiping away the wash until you get the desired effect.

Dry brushing just get the smallest brush you have. Gently dip it in the white or whatever color you want to use. Then wip off all the paint on something like a cutting board or whatever. Then lightly touch it against the dials you want to pick out and there should be some small amount o paint left on the brush. May take a couple passes but as long as u get the paint off the brush first you can avoid making a mess.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey

Sorry for the delay, but got other stuff on my hands in the past few weeks, but I'm back on it.

Thanks for the good words nightiemission.

I got the rear end finish

img1114t.jpg

img1116e.jpg

img1119ki.jpg

Also, the interior is praticly done, just have to finish some work on the door trim, I'm pretty happy with the dash, because it's the first time I put so much detail on it and I think it come out well, thanks for the tips Bigasshammm and Neo

img1122tr.jpg

Pics of complete and assemble interior soon, the bodywork will follow right after

Hulk

Hey

Quick little update

Thanks Spokane for the good words, I've spend a lot of time on this dash and I think it really pays off

I got the interior assemble and finish, I got some issue with the 2 tones seat and the 3 tones inside door, but overall I'm happy with it

img1148uc.jpg

img1147gp.jpg

Now moving on to the body and the final chrome work

Hulk

Edited by Hulk
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking good.I am building the AMT Freightliner COE right now. I am pleased with the progress so far. I am looking at the Mobeius Lonestar as my next truck project.

• 2 months later...

Hey

I know it's been a while, but I was on another project. But know that it's done and my spray booth finish I'm back on it.

Just got the primer done. I've done it a bit in a hurry (really bad idea) so just gotta a bit of extra sanding and a another coat of primer.

Also put in a headliner to hide all the holes for the roof lights and horns.

qv4b.jpg

4l8.jpg

Still on it, next is the interior coat.

Stay tuned!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...