The Modern Hornet Guide

They should start arriving more now, guys. I got a bit backed up, and still am, but I should be caught up by the end of today. I am quite surprised at the response to this book. I didn't expect it to do so well, honestly.

My son ordered mine, and I was so happy when it arrived, only to discover it was the superhornet guide. well.......I guess I will have to reorder.

You mean you ordered the Hornet book and got the Modern Super Hornet Guide? What is your order number, and I'll look into it for you.

They should start arriving more now, guys. I got a bit backed up, and still am, but I should be caught up by the end of today. I am quite surprised at the response to this book. I didn't expect it to do so well, honestly.

I hope you don't run out. I asked for this and the Super Hornet book for my birthday and if I don't get it I will order them right away.

Denis

You mean you ordered the Hornet book and got the Modern Super Hornet Guide? What is your order number, and I'll look into it for you.

No Jake, it wasn't your mistake. My son isn't exactly an airplane guy. anyway we just reordered about 3 hours ago.

I hope you don't run out. I asked for this and the Super Hornet book for my birthday and if I don't get it I will order them right away.

Denis

You'll be fine. A book print run usually lasts about 2 or 3 years, sometimes more.

Jake

I did finally receive mine. Looks great. Finally get to dive back into my Academy 32n'd scale A+ kit. This was just what I was needing. Amazing how much time you save scouring Google for a half decent picture on something you're looking for. Anything that helps reduce build time is a great asset in my eyes. The Super Hornet guide has been monumental on the current build I'm on, and Hornets sell exrememly well for me, so I see building a lot of them in the future.

Whoo-hoo!!!!

A package arrived today with The Modern Hornet Guide AND The Modern Super Hornet Guide, both of which were birthday gifts from my Wife!

I have only just scratched the surface of all the detail that is in these books. Well done Jake.

I only have one small issue though. The front and back cover of the Super Hornet Guide has parts of the lamination lifting up. Don''t know the cause but I will just put some clear tape over there to prevent further lifting. Just thought Jake would like to know about it.

Denis

The front and back cover of the Super Hornet Guide has parts of the lamination lifting up.

:explode: :explode: :bandhead2:

I've been fighting the printing company over this. You seem to be one of the unlucky few who have gotten one of these. So far, I've heard of this happening to about 35 books. It appears to be a defect. I'm happy to send you a replacement copy if you'd like.

Jake

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just for fun,

its a typo error of my copy, or the test on top pag. 132 is wrong? :woot.gif:/>

I

D'oh!!! I wonder how many times I looked at that and didn't notice!!!

Glad you like the book, despite the typo! :P

D'oh!!! I wonder how many times I looked at that and didn't notice!!!

Glad you like the book, despite the typo! :P/>

Are you joke Jake?

The book is superb despite any typo error could exist, my only rammerico, as I told you in the past, they did not find any F-15 and A-10 book copies ...

Gianni.

Jake a little addition in regards to the Fat pylon, the back end has an antenna as well:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/colink/Moose%20Jaw%202008/P7150007.jpg

the (Do) Not Paint area in the above pic. The grounding point was moved lower on the fat pylons as compared to the normal pylons and the fat pylon had a hole on the bottom, check this pic out:

CF-18

to see the differences. Also note the back end is a bit larger than on regular pylons.

Jari

Edited by Finn
  • 3 months later...

Now that things have quieted down a bit and I can start modeling again, I finally got around to ordering this book. It's another superb offering from Jake. Within the first 5 minutes of looking it over, I probably learned 10 new things about the hornet.

great job, Jake! Keep them coming! We still need the EF-2000 Eurofighter covered as well as the F-22!!