Removing paint from canopies

Use auto cleaner/polish. The kerosene or whatever 'light petroleum ester' in the polish dissolves enamel and the canopy gets polished in the process. You can remove the wax with detergent or just mask and airbrush right onto it. I'm sure it compromises the grip of the paint' but canopies really don't get much handling.

I always just dip my clear parts in Future. In the event that some spray bleeds under any masking I just lightly take a Q-tip with a sparse amount of thinner, and run it across, and quickly clean up the mess before it has a chance to settle. This has always worked well for me, and is about a ten second fix.

If you've been painting canopy frames free hand and you get out side of the lines, take a flat toothpick, create a chisel shape on the wide end w/an exacto blade and use the toothpick to gently scrape the dryed paint off the canopy.

If you've been painting canopy frames free hand and you get out side of the lines, take a flat toothpick, create a chisel shape on the wide end w/an exacto blade and use the toothpick to gently scrape the dryed paint off the canopy.

I'm onboard with Hawk here....I think it's easier to control a wood chisel then thinner on q-tip.

Just my 2 cents worth.