New MiG-17 canopy for Trumpeter 32nd scale

Hi Zactoman and Happy New Year,

I had asked about the possibility of this earlier in the year and from the other replies to my post, there seemed to be a fair amount of interest from other modelers. You did reply that there were other projects in the queue but maybe down the road it could happen. 2012 came and went and I've seen a slew of new stuff coming out of your shop but nothing in way of this request: A Corrected canopy for the Trumpeter MiG-17. This little project could really help alot of us. Could you think about including it for this year??

Thanks and Brgds,

Ed Okun

Edited by frogman13
2012 came and went and I've seen a slew of new stuff coming out of your shop...

Maybe you're confusing me with somebody else?

Sadly, the only new release I had during 2012 was the 1/144 F-15 detail set, an $8 item...

2012 was a rough year.

With all of the problems I have been having with vacuumformed clear parts I'm not anxious to do any new canopy sets. If I do, there are many on my list that would be more popular items than the MiG-17 canopy.

While I'm not going to take the MiG-17 canopy off of my list, I'll spare you and the collective modeling world and just say no, I won't be doing one.

Sorry to disappoint, but as a business I gotta do what I gotta do...

:cheers:

Maybe you're confusing me with somebody else?

Sadly, the only new release I had during 2012 was the 1/144 F-15 detail set, an $8 item...

2012 was a rough year.

With all of the problems I have been having with vacuumformed clear parts I'm not anxious to do any new canopy sets. If I do, there are many on my list that would be more popular items than the MiG-17 canopy.

While I'm not going to take the MiG-17 canopy off of my list, I'll spare you and the collective modeling world and just say no, I won't be doing one.

Sorry to disappoint, but as a business I gotta do what I gotta do...

:cheers:/>

Sorry to hear that life hasn't been kind to you this past year.

Happens to all of us at some point or another.

Anyway, I'll just have to either do one myself or find another project to focus on.

BRgds,

Frogman/ Ed Okun

• 4 months later...