here is an unusual aircraft question

My boy is going to be 3 months this month and l want to get him some kid related aircraft stuff. crib mobile,a blanket or sheets, clothing with aircraft on it but where do you get stuff like this? Hell l would even buy a little Airfix T-shirt for the little tyke.

Some of you are dads with little boys so you understand where I am going with this or want for him (daddy wants to spoil Jr a bit :lol:/> )

IMG_1215_zpseccac1c1.jpg

Can't help but love the little guy :rolleyes:/> :P/>

Want something really personal and from the heart? Buy a few 1:72 scale easy build kits and make your own mobile for the little dude. Cute guy by the way, take after mom? Teasing.

I thought of that but you have to be careful with young ones hence why l want something that is kid friendly and safe

Poke around the stores. I don't know which location you're at, but you'll eventually find something if you keep your eyes peeled. Since it's well-known I'm into bug stuff, people were showering us with bug everything when my son was born. If you or your wife have friends that are into sewing or quilting, it's not difficult to find material with aviation related themes to make a blanket, stuffed toys, or clothing from.

Beautiful boy, and congratulations. Presuming that is his mom in your avatar, I can see where a lot of that comes from. Is he your first?

Want something really personal and from the heart? Buy a few 1:72 scale easy build kits and make your own mobile for the little dude. Cute guy by the way, take after mom? Teasing.

I was going to do something similar to this for my daughter but never got the chance. However from the time she was about 9months we've been going to the airport together as a bonding time for us, she's almost 2 now and loves airplanes so that's another option as well to get him hooked when he's older.

Hello hacker,

Your son is a real cutie ..

This site has clothing with many different styles and all to do With Air Force..you know things like tee shirts, hoodies etc..quite a few pages.

of lots of nice things..

http://www.cafepress.com/+air-force+kids-clothing

:coolio:/>

He is cute isn't he.... I just feel terribly sorry for him growing up in the world we now frequent, I mean when I was a lad the standard size of model was 1/72, it then seemed to shift up to 1/48 as more detail was required, this then jumped to 1/32 and 1/35, and some of the models were getting huge, indeed a lot of 1/9the figures and 1/6 th figures are now on the market. By the time this little Cutie grows up he will be having problems as to where to put his Tamiya / Hasagawa 1/2 scale f-14 :P and assorted models.

He is cute isn't he.... I just feel terribly sorry for him growing up in the world we now frequent, I mean when I was a lad the standard size of model was 1/72, it then seemed to shift up to 1/48 as more detail was required, this then jumped to 1/32 and 1/35, and some of the models were getting huge, indeed a lot of 1/9the figures and 1/6 th figures are now on the market. By the time this little Cutie grows up he will be having problems as to where to put his Tamiya / Hasagawa 1/2 scale f-14 :P/> and assorted models.

...agreed :coolio:

....... Then I think he might as well be a fighter pilot and have the real WINGY thingy to play with.. :yahoo: :yahoo:

What say you hacker. :whistle:

Have you considered DIY? That way you know what is going into the mobile.

These are some toy airplanes I made for my son when he was about 3 years old.

DR13.jpg

SE53.jpg

Nice thing is at that age they rarely have rivit counter tendancies. :lol:/>

Cute kid, they are absolutely terrifying at that age, so tiny. I was always afraid I'd lose him down the drain when I'd give him a bath.

Edited by Aaronw

AaronW,

Did/Do you have any plans for those wooden planes or did you just sit down and build from scratch? They're absolutely beautiful and I'd love to do the same for my son.

I found some 3 view drawings and adjusted the size to approximately the same rough scale (probably 1/44 ish give or take) as a guideline. Mostly eyeball measurements though, I didn't get too insane on details. The pilots, wheels, prop spinner and such came from the wood bits and bobs aisle at Micheals. I think the wood was some poplar I got at Home Depot. A coat of clear shelac to seal the wood and non-toxic craft paint and a gloss coat of Future finished them off. I had plans to make a Camel, DVII, Spad XIII etc but never got past these two.

If you are serious about it I'd strongly suggest picking up a small bandsaw. You can get a cheap 9" one for not much more than $100 at most big box home improvement stores (Lowes, Home Depot, Sears etc).