M1A2 SEP Abrams Iraq

Hello all

I'm normally an aircraft modeller but decided to have a try at something different. This is my first tracked vehicle, hoping to relicate the Abrams on patrol on an Iraqi highway. The model is built OOB and painted with Model Master enamels. I did add some MRE's and liquid refreshments from the aftermarket.

SAM_0057_Edited_zpsfed5cd8d.jpg

SAM_0058_Edited_zps19e91c20.jpg

SAM_0061_Edited_zpsa02a0d1d.jpg

SAM_0065_Edited_zps3f3743d7.jpg

SAM_0067_Edited_zps9a8f911f.jpg

SAM_0070_Edited_zps8d2ff748.jpg

SAM_0072_Edited_zpsea30ec3d.jpg

I hope you like it. Constructive feedback is welcome.

Cheers, Andrew P.

I've seen plenty of gear stored in the racks as well, including cartons of water, coke etc.

The Aussies had the right idea by requesting a fridge / cooler box be installed on the M1s we brought off the US ; )

• 1 month later...

Seriously?! This is your fist tracked vehicle! :woot.gif:/> Holy Cow, dude, that is awesome. The paint chipping with the weathering is just great! How'd you do it?

Thanks. The chipping was applied in two stages, first a light buff colour for scuffs on the edges/wear areas by sponge. Then the centre of some of those areas were picked out using the AK Interactive chipping colour acrylic with a fine brush.