Kit give away a few weeks back

When I followed PETEs lead in giving a few kits away as a Christmas give away I specified in the post LOWER 48 states only. I have since received a few emails saying the game was 'rigged'. Really? Rigged? Because one winner used to live in my state and now resides in the city I was born in? Another winner lives just south of me and frequents this area? Based on those 2 observations you 3 morons deem the game as 'rigged'? What about the third winner? I don't know anyone from that state much less visited there! And even if the member from Canada guessed right on the nose, he STILL wouldn't have won because he's NOT in the lower 48 states! What the hell happened to ARC? It used to be a fun place to visit. Now it's nearly depressing. No one can state an opinion without getting shot up by other members or deleted. Morons.

When I followed PETEs lead in giving a few kits away as a Christmas give away I specified in the post LOWER 48 states only. I have since received a few emails saying the game was 'rigged'. Really? Rigged? Because one winner used to live in my state and now resides in the city I was born in? Another winner lives just south of me and frequents this area? Based on those 2 observations you 3 morons deem the game as 'rigged'? What about the third winner? I don't know anyone from that state much less visited there! And even if the member from Canada guessed right on the nose, he STILL wouldn't have won because he's NOT in the lower 48 states! What the hell happened to ARC? It used to be a fun place to visit. Now it's nearly depressing. No one can state an opinion without getting shot up by other members or deleted. Morons.

Amen. I rarely visit ARC anymore, but have picked up again over the last few weeks. This behavior doesn't surprise me.

Aaron

Edited by jester292

How can it be rigged.

I was asked for the numbers picked.

I chose the numbers and no one knew ..it was between Sean and I .We were the only ones..

I do remember that it was stated that it was lower 48 States that the prize would go to.

Those that failed to win are ungracious and not being fair to Sean .

It is behavior such as this that makes the decent good hearted person feel unimpressed and not want to do it again.

<_<

I admit I guessed a number, even though I am in Canada. However, I only did so as the other Canuck's statement of covering shipping was not answered and I was hoping I could still qualify. Maybe next year after Imove to Tacoma this summer!?

I do not think though that the give away was rigged and I think it is great that you were able to get into the holiday spirit and do what you did. I think you shoulld not listen to the sore losers and carry on.

My 2 cents CDN.

Cheers,

Denis

Flyingfortress - its your contest so its your rules. Any complaint that a free contest is rigged should be given the appropriate consideration. :)

I don't get why you would go to the trouble to set up a contest only to rig the winners when you could just give the prizes away but what do I know?

Don't get down on ARC - there are tons of great people here. You also have me! And my mom says I am a cool guy.

Ignore them, it takes a small person to call you names for giving stuff away.

It`s called gluttony. Its one of the seven deadly sins. As if we ever needed ANY MORE KITS for our HUGE STASH`

I agree, I don't take part in these annual raffles because I don't need anything. I have a stash and the ability to buy kits I want. Do I like free stuff, sure, but I don't feel right joining in and taking away a chance for the guys that might really need the free stuff. I'm also kind of anti-social but that is a completely different issue. :sunrevolves:

There is a solution for when someone in the States can't or won't ship outside the US - Ship2me. In the case above, the Canadian member could sign up for an account, Sean then only has to ship it to a US postal address and Ship2me then deals with the hassle of getting it to Canada. Everyone wins.

Vince

Hmmm, sorry to hear it went like this for you, Sean. That's not how it should be. I didn't have someone calling it rigged, but people not reading the rules does happen all the time. I guess some people are a bit blinded by the opportunity to get some free stuff.

I don't know Sean personally, but I have no reason at all to doubt his honesty. If it happens to be that the people who won his prizes are living pretty near to him, that's just fate. And him only shipping to the lower 48, that's his choice. If you don't agree with this, you don't play. Simple as that.

Lighten up folks, there are more important things in live than a few free kits.

(Oh, and if you think my raffle was rigged too, both of my kits went to the US, one to NJ and the other to CA. All in all I spent more than $100 on this whole thing. There are families out there who have less to spend on food in a month. Think about that)

Happy New Year <_<

All in all I spent more than $100 on this whole thing. There are families out there who have less to spend on food in a month. Think about that)

Happy New Year <_</>

Pete,

Nicely put. Kudos to you and Sean for your generosity!

I too made a guess and i live in Europ. I didn't do it for the kit which i knew i could never get, but for the fun of trying to guess it right. Sorry to hear it went that way. Hope that you reconsider after some time has gone over it and if not, that others (maybe me) will follow your lead and still organize one.

Edited by streetstream

I don't know how many members are on ARC nowadays. But if you check your real life acquaintances, I'm sure you'll find there are far less of them, and yet you'll see there's more than three a-holes among them. So all in all, only three people kicking up a stink might be considered a good result.

I sometimes grumble at the CONUS-only posts myself, but hey, it's everybody's good right to set the rules for their own game. So more power to you for taking the time, effort and money to organise the give away, and never mind the party poopers. And all in all, I can't help but feel sorry for the guys who complained. How sad their lives must be to stoop to a level this low.

For crying out loud...DID I HEAR HOLMES PICKED THE NUMBERS???!!! You gotta be stupid to go up against "the great one"!!!

Rigged. Now, I still have beef with WACO about his philosophy of how quickly his coffee froze on the front porch....but I forgave him. Of course, all of his issues and yours would have been solved if they had just went to Jarrod like I said.....

I mean come on, DIAMOND RING??!! Every one knows you go to Jarrod for that!

Anyway, again, I say to you....watch your blood pressure and dont let the dumb people get to you. Yes, the folks that have nothing better to do than whine about getting something for free are dumb in my book. But, they are few and far between....

Now back to my decision to move my family to Jacksonville and tell my job to shove it......stress am I??

-Jim

For crying out loud...DID I HEAR HOLMES PICKED THE NUMBERS???!!! You gotta be stupid to go up against "the great one"!!!

Rigged. Now, I still have beef with WACO about his philosophy of how quickly his coffee froze on the front porch....but I forgave him. Of course, all of his issues and yours would have been solved if they had just went to Jarrod like I said.....

I mean come on, DIAMOND RING??!! Every one knows you go to Jarrod for that!

Anyway, again, I say to you....watch your blood pressure and dont let the dumb people get to you. Yes, the folks that have nothing better to do than whine about getting something for free are dumb in my book. But, they are few and far between....

Now back to my decision to move my family to Jacksonville and tell my job to shove it......stress am I??

-Jim

THE GREAT ONE :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

For crying out loud...DID I HEAR HOLMES PICKED THE NUMBERS???!!!

It was rigged.....Only ARC members were eligible..Not BM, Z5, LSP, Hyperscale..etc

Ya had to be a member that read the thread....

Ya had to guess the number...No hints, or clues...beyond it being something between 1 and a hunert

Ya had to be breathing...

Ya had to be able to read, and know what a guess was.....

And most telling of all..you had to send him a PM...jeez ya at least should've been able to wake him at 1am with a phone call.

Seeee it was rigged....... :woot.gif::rolleyes::whistle:

One final add HOW ?!?! could something so simple and straight forward, with unbiased assistance be RIGGED?!?! Sean you are now in rare company on ARC, you now have you own conspiracy...ain't ya proud :rofl:

Edited by #1 Greywolf

Ignore them, it takes a small person to call you names for giving stuff away.

I agree, I don't take part in these annual raffles because I don't need anything. I have a stash and the ability to buy kits I want. Do I like free stuff, sure, but I don't feel right joining in and taking away a chance for the guys that might really need the free stuff. I'm also kind of anti-social but that is a completely different issue. :sunrevolves:/>

When I saw the give aways I felt the same as Aaron. I really don't need anything and can buy what I do need. I for one think it is very generous of you to provide kits in pay for shipping to members here. I can undrestand why you would restict it to the lower 48 with the cost to ship anything today.

Don't let them get you down Sean. There are people like this on every forum who have nothing better to do than to cause trouble.

Rob

Maybe we can do a "rigged" giveaway next year? All biplanes and ships? (Any other "rigged" options?) :woot.gif:/>

Sean, thank you for your generosity and efforts in honor of the Christmas Spirit. Some people you just gotta blow-off and hope they don't interact too much with society. They just don't "get it". As I was taught by my parents, focus on those people who's opinions truly matter, and don't let the bas***** get you down!

What do they say, Sean? No good deed goes unpunished? To those responsible, I just have two words to say. "GROW UP!" His contest, his rules. I would have thought your parents beat the "entitlement attitude" out of you. My thoughts are similar to the others who supported Sean. Disgusts the hell out of me that someone would formulate baseless accusations against someone who is generous enough to proffer "free" kits (that were bought and would be shipped OUT OF HIS OWN MONEY!) in a contest.

Edited by The_Animal