once again of the air intakes for the jet modeling

Sir, you still did not bring up any examples of your statements. Do it now, please.

As for your products, - do not try to deceive a community please. There are no statements in a story on the link above that items you produce are copies of my past works.

This is a completely different story about who you are how you came to the business. And this story is very kindred with the dirty libel you published here above.

But when he finally stops to stink, bubbled of hypertrophied boasting, because of which he turns over the all in his head?!!!

What kind of professional secrets is he saying?!!! The forming of the the heated plastic by shaped wooden punch?! That was used by many modelers thirty years ago, including me?! That is all !!!! His professional secrets are only good ability to use tools, a good eye and a good observation!

Models, which were design for different companies, were made after my leaving the common apartment, and I did not watch the process of making!

Oh, God, how it all sick of it !!! Earlier he has stunk by his grumpiness Russian forum, now the same thing going on here. I'll not answer to his posts nevermore, no matter how offensive they were for me

Tired!!!

I apologize to everyone for my intemperate emotions. But this swamp, where he tries to drown the forum community, is becoming deeper and deeper.

I believe that if a product is made honestly, it should be assess by the buyer only

What about plain old money orders? If one is not in a rush one can wait

No problem. If anyone wants to use this method, at now or later, I will not abandon it. I also agree with other methods of transfer payments, which are legal in Russia. At the same time, these methods should be comfortable and safe for customers. Now there is preparing website for me, with the information about the payment methods

Please, who is interesting current and future sets and don't want to use money orders, wait the some time

But when he finally stops to stink, bubbled of hypertrophied boasting, because of which he turns over the all in his head?!!!

What kind of professional secrets is he saying?!!! The forming of the the heated plastic by shaped wooden punch?! That was used by many modelers thirty years ago, including me?! That is all !!!! His professional secrets are only good ability to use tools, a good eye and a good observation!

Models, which were design for different companies, were made after my leaving the common apartment, and I did not watch the process of making!

Oh, God, how it all sick of it !!! Earlier he has stunk by his grumpiness Russian forum, now the same thing going on here.

:)/> :)/> :)/> :)/> :)/> Great reply for the question above!

For goodness' sake at least finish your own product before accusing others of copying it?? And there is no 1/48 F-18C intakes in the Dmold product line? The product lines are bound to be similar as there are only so many popular jet kits without full length intakes.

As for DMold's assortment politics and particularly the 1/48 F-18 intakes, - I built a couple of these kits for many years ago and during these builds I had not seen a real necessity in creating intake parts for this kit. The intake lips are accurate and the fit of the parts is good and they look quite nicely out of the box. All you need is to paint them inside in black and blur a board between colors using airbrush. The same story is true with the Skyray intake ducts. After I created the basic parts for this accessory I looked through the intakes and I did not see much of an effect from using this part. This is the reason why this old project has never gone into production.

The 1/48 F-104 or Mirage intakes; - it would be possible to make these parts for these kits but the cross sections of these intakes are so small that effect from these parts would be minimal. In other words, these kits don't really need these extra parts. I have never had the goal to grow my line up with as many items as possible and I try to introduce into my assortment only the items that are really necessary in order to considerably improve a model. 1/48 F-4, Rafale and F-111 kits - yes, intakes for these aircraft are pretty large and aftermarket intake ducts are really useful for these models. But there are not so many aircraft kits beside these which really need items like these. That's why I don't grow my assortment in this direction too actively. Prior works for now are complex correction and conversion sets for various kits and the start of a new line of accessories for Formula 1 car kits. The latter was always my second favorite theme in modeling.

Regards,

Dmitri

Earlier he has stunk by his grumpiness Russian forum, now the same thing going on here.

Not considering your usual boorish tone I am not sure I am clear with this your statement. Give a link to this forum please.

Edited by Dimitri

There are no statements in a story on the link above that items you produce are copies of my past works.

From your website "If you were to take a look at the product line, presented there it would not be difficult to notice that this line basically copies the DMold line." (as Niart has already pointed out above)

This is a completely different story about who you are how you came to the business. And this story is very kindred with the dirty libel you published here above.

He learned to build patterns and cast parts and started his own business. So what?

You don't own the patent for F-4 seamless intakes.

Anybody can make their own and start their own business.

You accused him of copying your parts but then backed down and admit he made his own.

You should delete your posts in the thread as well as the diatribe on your website and let the free market work. If you offer a better product your will succeed.

also the name and logo are original designs..XMold..

The names and logos are very similar.

Dinozavr, you should create a new and completely original name and logo for your company. No reason to be associated with Dmold.

Will you be selling outside of Russia soon?

Is Paypal changing their rules to allow Russian sellers?

As for DMold's assortment politics and particularly the 1/48 F-18 intakes, - I built a couple of these kits for many years ago and during these builds I had not seen a real necessity in creating intake parts for this kit. The intake lips are accurate and the fit of the parts is good and they look quite nicely out of the box. All you need is to paint them inside in black and blur a board between colors using airbrush. The same story is true with the Skyray intake ducts. After I created the basic parts for this accessory I looked through the intakes and I did not see much of an effect from using this part. This is the reason why this old project has never gone into production.

The 1/48 F-104 or Mirage intakes; - it would be possible to make these parts for these kits but the cross sections of these intakes are so small that effect from these parts would be minimal. In other words, these kits don't really need these extra parts. I have never had the goal to grow my line up with as many items as possible and I try to introduce into my assortment only the items that are really necessary in order to considerably improve a model. 1/48 F-4, Rafale and F-111 kits - yes, intakes for these aircraft are pretty large and aftermarket intake ducts are really useful for these models. But there are not so many aircraft kits beside these which really need items like these. That's why I don't grow my assortment in this direction too actively. Prior works for now are complex correction and conversion sets for various kits and the start of a new line of accessories for Formula 1 car kits. The latter was always my second favorite theme in modeling.

Regards,

Dmitri

OK, thanks for the explanation. I agree that F-104 and Mirage kits wouldn't benefit much from full length intake, also because of the presence of intake cones.

But the intakes of F-18 is IMO a different case. Painting the inside of the kit black and then try to blend in the intake parts will certainly help, but because of the light color of the original intake duct, I really think the kit's parts need to be lengthened at least, with the right light direction you can actually see pretty far into the intake duct:

NavyF-18CHornetDoDjpg1102320_zps9c2557e7.jpg

Full length duct and engine face would be perfect, just like parts for afterburner chamber and frame holder. BTW, the Eurofighter has large enough intakes, what about intakes for the Revell kits?

Anyways, since there is nothing really wrong going on there, good luck to you both then!

Edited by delide

From your website "If you were to take a look at the product line, presented there it would not be difficult to notice that this line basically copies the DMold line." (as Niart has already pointed out above)

Will you be selling outside of Russia soon?

Is Paypal changing their rules to allow Russian sellers?

Dear Maker, you are basically correct. But you have come to the wrong conclusion in two important things.

What should be highlighted here is not the single 'copies' but that Xmold tries to copy the DMold line! Copying the product line and copying of the individual products are different things and therefore I am not making any accusation of pirating my actual product. So, all is accurately told on the DMold web-site.

As for second question, - no, he will NOT be selling worldwide now or soon. This is a major idea of this thread here. Probably, he will await for some reseller to accept this stuff. In other words, he has nothing to lose by attacking the DMold company even if he has no success with any retailers. This is an absolutely dirty line of conduct considering the true story of how this producer has come to exist. He does not bring to market anything new other than a clone of the DMold line. These products are confidently not better or much cheaper than the same products by DMold and there is no doubt that the major goal of this thread is to attack directly the DMold company. This is the reason he even used a slightly modified DMold logo. Don't ask me why he does it! This is an old story and I had many problems from him in the past and he keeps creating trouble for me now.

Dmitri

Copying the product line and copying of the individual products are different things and therefore I am not making any accusation of pirating my actual product. So, all is accurately told on the DMold web-site.

So Aires, Black Box/Avionix, Wolfpack and most other aftermarket firms are all guilty of copying since they have all released items previously released by other companies?

Releasing the same items doesn't constitute the accusation of copying. I don't see you attacking Superbug for releasing F-4 intakes.

Besides which, this guy has only released three products so far, two of which both you and other companies offer and one which is an all new product.

In other words, he has nothing to lose by attacking the DMold company

I must have missed that part.

I just saw a new guy announcing his products then defending them against attacks from you.

I stand by my comment that you should rescind your comments from this thread and your website. I think you are out of line.

I stood by you when you accused Rhino of copying (because it was pretty obvious) and have purchased your products in the past, but if you keep this up I doubt I'll purchase any more in the future.

So Aires, Black Box/Avionix, Wolfpack and most other aftermarket firms are all guilty of copying since they have all released items previously released by other companies?

Releasing the same items doesn't constitute the accusation of copying. I don't see you attacking Superbug for releasing F-4 intakes.

Besides which, this guy has only released three products so far, two of which both you and other companies offer and one which is an all new product.

I must have missed that part.

I just saw a new guy announcing his products then defending them against attacks from you.

I stand by my comment that you should rescind your comments from this thread and your website. I think you are out of line.

I stood by you when you accused Rhino of copying (because it was pretty obvious) and have purchased your products in the past, but if you keep this up I doubt I'll purchase any more in the future.

Maybe Eduard should start badmouthing Aires in their website too or viceversa. Since both Czesh companies are releasing the same variety of ordnance in their Brassin and Aerobonus lines respectively, which by Dimitri's logic constitutes copying the product line which is a no-no. Anyways I read the messages in this thread from the start including those deleted or edited, and I second Maker that dinosavr started the thread promoting his products and mentioned Rhino and Dmold, but in no way did he attack dmold. The only person starting the aggression was Dimitri. This whole thread shows the level of professionalism (or lack of it) from certain individuals. In the end the quality and service will speak for themselves without the need of poo slinging.

Edited by Inquisitor

mods removed the first couple of sniping posts in this thread. Why didn;t they continue to remove the garbage posts so this could simply be left as an announcement of product thread and not a kindergarten squabble?

As it is dmitri has pretty much ensured that I never buy any dmold product.

!Oh, God, how it all sick of it !!! Earlier he has stunk by his grumpiness Russian forum, now the same thing going on here.

You may not be the only one tired of this. It is starting to get old. Unless the accuser has absolute proof according to law then please stop and grow up

I apologize to everyone for my intemperate emotions. But this swamp

No need to apologize if no wrong has been done

I believe that if a product is made honestly, it should be assess by the buyer only

This is a true statement or as the other adage says buyer beware. Really it is up to us the buyer not anyone else to decide.

I have heard accusations like this before from another aftermarket parts maker when a follow modeler on another site was selling off some of his stash and was accused of selling copies of his product.As it turned out the seller got his orginal copies honestly from several other sources but after a couple of months of accusatons the sellers reputations was damaged

so beware what one says as it might not be true and it is too late to repair the damage you did

I read the messages in this thread from the start including those deleted or edited, and I second Maker that dinosavr started the thread promoting his products and mentioned Rhino and Dmold, but in no way did he attack dmold.

Yes, you are right, the fact of his attack is not seen in his initial post and this fact is unprovable.

Nevertheless, since I know this person very well I maintain my opinion and I needed to defended my entire business and not just a couple of my products, even if this defense occasionally resembled aggression. You may have any different opinion.

That's all for now. Too much time was spent on this subject and I would rather be more effective and spend the rest of the time working on projects currently in the works.

Best everybody,

Dmitri

This is a note to clarify that the text is reworked now to avoid any misunderstanding or misinterpretation.

http://www.dmold-modelworks.com

It is also a business offer to this producer. This notice will be deleted if mr.dinozavr will be kind enough to jump off from the DMold trademark, design his original name and logo and become a truly independent producer as he presented himself here initially.

Maker, I wish you good luck to purchase these items. I hope you will the first who bring us your impressions (via ebay maybe?)

Bye for now,

Dmitri

"Their trademark is also a copy of the DMold trademark with only one, minor change: the letter 'D' has been

replaced by 'X' keeping even the same font style. "

This is very funny =)) Dima, is your TM a registered TM? If yes - go to the court, win and stop whining. If not - stop whining now.

"Despite a certain external commonality XMold is not DMold !"

Dima, I mostly like your products and I have almost all of them (that I needed for my models). But your statement is true. XMold is NOT DMold. I am glad that you have finally accepted it officially!

Alexander, don't change anything. We all know the truth in Russia.

BTW, I am waiting for my order from you and especially the intakes for Yak-38 (have you also copied them from DMold? :woot.gif: ). Don't worry about the sales on the West. We will arrange it.

regards

Sergey

After 74 years of communism and all the stuff you fellows had to live through, you now sound like a couple of whiney butt 21st century Americans trying to copyrite a gnats behind. Make a bunch of great product, sell it off, re-invest, expand, and get rich. Real jet modelers like intakes and fan faces, not permanent covers to hide a lack of parts. I assume you were friends once, don't let money come between you, work together build an empire, challenge the Czechs and quit acting like a couple whiney Americans.

• 3 months later...

I'm sorry I just looked at the pictures and I dont see the copying..... Makes me wonder why someone always accuses a person of making copies... Could maybe that person have copied from someone else once and now must defend themselves....Both look nice but VERY different in my eyes... Wvwn if the one is based off the other, the changes are enough to constitute the difference, Afterall did either of you build your intakes without using the kit for a guideline? So you BOTH copied/modified Hasegawa! I like them both....

?

If you want, you can buy it

Could maybe that person have copied from someone else once and now must defend themselves...

No, no one has ever copied from each other. Both were making their own master- models

Edited by dinozavr
  • 5 months later...

I'm sorry I just looked at the pictures and I dont see the copying.....

Unfortunately, I feel compelled to be back to this topic since this person has systematically continued to bring false and distorted statements trying to inflict damage to the image of the company he was trying to copy. Look at comments on how he describes his origin at his web-site at the present time. He particularly writes now: "At the beginning of our efforts to enter the market for international sales the other aftermarket manufacturer with a similar name was trying to damage our reputation by unsubstantiated allegations of direct copying of his products and then of copying of the full range."

It may seem from these comments that he was denigrated without any reason. But compare the original DMold Modelworks logo (at left) and then a logo which this person had initially used for his 'independent' company (right).

comparison%20logos.JPG

As for a second part of statements from his web-site concerning "unsubstantiated allegations of direct copying of his products", - this is a public lies all over again as well! He was never denounced in direct copying of my products. Here is a text which was published at the DMold web-site back in January to clarify all the problematic points with this producer origin (full version):

Some time ago a new producer from Russia a new line of intake sets. If you were to take a look at the product line, presented there it would not be difficult to notice that this line basically copies the DMold line. Their trademark is also a copy of the DMold trademark with only one, minor change: the letter 'D' has been replaced by 'X' keeping even the same font style. I am sorry to see that this producer has not found a better solution but to create a clone of the DMold company. Brand cloning is a distinctive phenomenon in the international trading practice. Clones do not copy but simulate products of well-known producers and an appearance of clones like this is dange rous for any private company. These clones try to compensate for the lack of quality of their products by an external commonality to well-known producers. Or in other words, they are virtual parasites living off well-known, popular trademarks and try to get their profit from it. Since their abilities are limited they seldom copy the whole production line of a company they try to simulate. They also may produce their own products but under the same, slightly modified trademark of a well-known company.

First and the most obvious sigh of these clones is their certain external commonality with some of well-known companies. SFIKO instead SEIKO or Pavasonic instead Panasonic are typical examples which come to mind. Real value of all these PaVasonics was not great but some people were confused with all these trademarks and bought these virtually fake products instead of the original. These items are usable as well but their quality is always far away from original products. This is a common example. This 'new producer' on all appearances has obviously come exactly the same way. In fact, the clones like this never appeared in the modeling industry previously, so if you see products like these somewhere anytime later don't be confused please! XMold is not DMold!

As you can see there were no alleagations of this person in DIRECT copying of the DMold products. Folowing my earlier business-offer at this thread this person has ultimately jumped off from the DMold trademark all the same, and changed his logo. But he has replaced it by the dirty and false new comments on his web-site now, already without a participation of anyone else. It seems he can never stop using all those dirty methods in his practice and it is tоо bad that this young company begins his activity from so false statements being permanently addressed at his web-site now. So, I am compelled to teach this person again and advise him to remove all this dirt and lies from his web-site to avoid any further questions. He is XMM now, it is OK. But all comments coming along at his web-site in 'About us' section are just his effort to besmirch the DMold company which he considers as a competitor.

D

Edited by Dimitri

ahhhh, the dribbler is back.

Looks to me like you copied his Academy F-4 intakes, XMMs intakes were certainly out well before dmolds. (although XMMs compressors faces look better than dmolds so maybe not).

Other than that XMM makes a very nice 1/48 F-18C/D set of intakes - apparently dmold doesn't. So he probably didn;t copy those off you.

XMM makes 2 types of 1/48 Forger intakes, dmold doesn't make any. 1/48 Skyray, 1/72 Hase Phantom, ditto. That's 6 out of his 9 products that either he produced before you, or you don't even make! & the other 3 are all just variations on the 1/48 Hase Phantom - everyone makes them.

btw, good to see that XMM now takes paypal, when I bought from him I had to use Western Union - and it was still well worth it to ship to Australia. Here's some photo's of the XMM Academy Phantom intakes in use. My first ever attempt at resin intakes and i'm glad I went with XMM

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=267944

Forced to respond to the post Dimitri . I repeat once again that everything he wrote is a gross lie. I've never used , do not use now , and will not be used in the future full or partial copies of the products of other aftermarket's manufacturers.

I do not deny that DMold and XMM are partly competitors since there is an overlap in the range, and nothing more . But I am totally against dirty methods of competition used by Dimitri. Unlike Dimitri I do not call his products as the poor quality clones. I changed the name of his company and its logo. However , Dimitri still continues to claim that his products are the best, but I only use his reputation for my own purposes . In myself opinion , my products are not inferior in quality of Dimitri's products

I recommend to visit my site and see everything with your own eyes , and also give comments on my products those modelers who bought my sets.

As for pages "About us" of my site. Any reference to the former name of XMM will be removed after the sale of all sets with the old logo, Otherwise, customers may be misled by the different logos on the product or packaging.

And my personal opinion. Dmitry because of his behavior had lost respect for Russian modelers , and now he repeats this way here at ARC Forum.

Sincerely,

Alexander

Edited by dinozavr

ahhhh, the dribbler is back.

Looks to me like......

Back, not back but he has to remove all this dirt and lies from his web-site since he has been using all these durty methods, from the very first steps in the business, and finishing with the present decoration of the "About us" section of his web-site, and not me, billb, not me at all.

You know the best way to beat the competition? To do everything better than them. That includes having a better character. If at the end of the day all you have is whining about the other side not being fair then quite frankly you've already lost. Also, if you'd not come here and posted all of this junk again, I doubt anyone would have bothered to see his comments on his website and could care less about the war you guys have with each other. All you're doing is making yourself look petty. So unless you have some legal grounds for stopping his business from carrying on, my friendly suggestion would be to focus on beating him where it counts. Produce products that are so much better then there is no dispute, you'll win that battle every time! Everything else only hurts your business. IMHO anyway.

Bill