once again of the air intakes for the jet modeling

You know the best way to beat the competition? To do everything better than them.

Sadly, in this day and time that doesn't seem to matter much. Just look at almost any thread on any modeling forum and you'll see over and over and over again "Well it looks like an {insert name of any aircraft or part thereof} to me". Which is another way of saying "I really don't care if it's a quality product or not as long as it's what I want". And if you presume to point out the errors in the product, you're labeled a nitpicker and/or a rivet counter and/or any number of other epithets.

And my personal opinion. Dmitry because of his behavior had lost respect for Russian modelers , and now he repeats this way here at ARC Forum.

Sincerely,

Alexander

I nothing lost and nothing repeat anywere. If you have different facts bring them us in details.

An interesting note if there are some doubts concerning actual activity of this person yet.

A range of the DMold products was never limited with the intakes only but the word 'profiled' was introduced only and exceptionally by me to describe these items in a more appropriate way (since I never liked the word 'seamless'). And the same word has recently appeared beside some items at the web-site of this person. In other words, he continues to copy the DMold experience even in smallest details like this although he obviously never knew an origin of this word previously.

D

Sadly, in this day and time that doesn't seem to matter much. Just look at almost any thread on any modeling forum and you'll see over and over and over again "Well it looks like an {insert name of any aircraft or part thereof} to me". Which is another way of saying "I really don't care if it's a quality product or not as long as it's what I want". And if you presume to point out the errors in the product, you're labeled a nitpicker and/or a rivet counter and/or any number of other epithets.

we tend to argue about everything, but count me into your side of the equation.

gary

Oh Yeah, AND he calls them intakes, which clearly was a word first used by you to describe your products...ummm....dude really, you're starting to sound kind of pathetic. Sorry, nothing personal against you just a casual observation.

Which is why I said do everything better, including marketing. My point is if all you have to lean on is an argument that the other person isn't playing fair, then you've lost the battle. And character also counts a lot. Look at Zacto for instance. Not only does he produce some of the best resin in the market, he's a class act. I don't think you'd see him posting in another companies thread attacks such as this. Now if it were actual pirating, sure I can see that. But he's talking about things like using the word "profiled" versus "seamless"? com'on... really? If it's that big a deal then trademark the term profiled intakes and be done with it. geeesh.

Bill

Edited by niart17

As you can see there were no alleagations of this person in DIRECT copying of the DMold products. Folowing my earlier business-offer at this thread this person has ultimately jumped off from the DMold trademark all the same, and changed his logo. But he has replaced it by the dirty and false new comments on his web-site now, already without a participation of anyone else. It seems he can never stop using all those dirty methods in his practice and it is tоо bad that this young company begins his activity from so false statements being permanently addressed at his web-site now. So, I am compelled to teach this person again and advise him to remove all this dirt and lies from his web-site to avoid any further questions. He is XMM now, it is OK. But all comments coming along at his web-site in 'About us' section are just his effort to besmirch the DMold company which he considers as a competitor.

D

In principle, this is all what is required from this person and all facts are presented here.

D

With regard to on-line purchases within Russia using PayPal, the following quote is from an article in The Moscow Times, dated September 18, 2013:

"Today we officially launch the ruble transactions functionality on the territory of the Russian Federation. As of today, Russian users can pay for their Internet purchases in rubles, and transfer the funds to accounts in Russian banks," said Vladimir Malugin, PayPal regional director for Russia.

Read more: http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/paypal-starts-accepting-payments-in-russian-currency/486243.html#ixzz2hLqSDhDc

The Moscow Times

Googling "payments to Russia" or something similar can be helpful.

For customers outside Russia, the method of bank transfers works well; see my thread on this subject here:

http://sovietwarplanes.com/board/index.php?topic=1157.0

Bottom line - If you want to do it badly enough, you can find a way.

John

Edited by John Thompson
For customers outside Russia, the method of bank transfers works well;

Man, oh, man ... So what are you cryptically really saying - Paypal shouldn't be used with Russian vendors if you're from outside Russia???????

Gene K

Dear John Thompson.

Perhaps you misunderstood something.

During the short time that PayPal operates in Russia, I had no problems to accept payments from the countries outside of Russia. All payments were accepted, and the orders have been sent or are in the process of preparation for shipment

I did not get information from customers that they could not pay via PayPal

Alexander

My first ever attempt at resin intakes and i'm glad I went with XMM

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=267944

Concerning the quality of the F-4B set, - not all is clear with the external fit of these XMM parts you seem to be so pleased with.

Billb, you write that the fit of the XMM parts you used is OK but a pretty strange dent along the joint line between the lower wing and the intake part is clearly seen in your picture. It means that you had reached certain problems trying to fit these parts and then you used some filler (clearly seen at the picture) and heavy sanding trying to level the surface. The result is a pretty deep dent you have gotten at the end along this joint. But maybe an appearence of this dent is just a distortion from the camera and you did not use any filler and heavy sanding in this area in reality, I do not know. In any way, compare how this joint line looks using the DMold set, - no filler or sanding is virtually needed anywhere (right picture)

comparison%20intakes.JPG

The DMold set again

DSC05893.JPG

So, if you could be so kind, please clarify the origin of this dent in your picture (and maybe help the group to get a better idea with some clearer pictures). Thanks!

D

By the way, I see serious flaws in the DMold set, but I will not specifically indicate its to praise my products. This is a task for the consumer

Yes, indeed. This is why comments by billb should be appreciated.

Also, how do you explain this difference between the picture by billb and the latest of yours?

So now you're posting pictures of YOUR products in a thread announcing a competitors product? Who is using "dirty" business practices again? Pretty bad form.

Bill

To publish comparison photos is a bad form? What is "dirty" in it? You stay at a strange position, Bill (all are your older ideas from the first page here yet), and you try to make a vector of the discussion really diverted.

Wow, look at all of the unbillable hours being wasted arguing and pointing fingers that could be better spent casting resin. :rolleyes:

Neither of you is doing anything to earn my business, but you're both giving me plenty of reasons for taking my business elsewhere. I'm sure I'm not the only one....

Ben

To publish comparison photos is a bad form? What is "dirty" in it? You stay at a strange position, Bill (all are your older ideas from the first page here yet), and you try to make a vector of the discussion really diverted.

You know, nevermind. You guys keep up with your middle school girl fight. I was simply offering an outsiders perspective of how your attacks are actually hurting your business and not helping. But apparently pride is getting in the way of good business sense so I'll leave you to it. Good luck to the both of you.

Bill

Gentlemen, rather than argue please develop more items for modelers to buy and use. All of your resin detail parts look spectacular.

Oh and by the way, I just got a shipping notice from XMM Modeling. I ordered the Skyray intakes (DMold doesn't make a set) that I've been wanting for a long time but couldn't get earlier because Paypal wasn't accepted. Now they accept Paypal. From Russia to California. Oh my. :D Can't wait!

Edited by PlasticWeapons

But apparently pride is getting in the way of good business sense

Bill

This is about so, but not quite.

I do not really care about his products and do not consider him a competitor. I do not expect any greater products from him other than a simplest to mold (and absolutely useless for the look of the model in my view) latest Jak-38 intake ducts. But the 'About us' section of his web-site is filled with lies, offensive to the company he was trying to clone and my only demand is for him to remove all this false statements from his web-site. All explanations concerning his lies are presented in the large post at the previous page of this thread.

For now, while the DMold company is absolutely open about his ideas and activities this secondary company has continued to bring tons of lies even here, on this board, trying to keep his status-quo. That is all, in principle.

This is about so, but not quite.

I do not really care about his products and do not consider him a competitor. I do not expect any greater products from him other than a simplest to mold (and absolutely useless for the look of the model in my view) latest Jak-38 intake ducts. But the 'About us' section of his web-site is filled with lies, offensive to the company he was trying to clone and my only demand is for him to remove all this false statements from his web-site. All explanations concerning his lies are presented in the large post at the previous page of this thread.

For now, while the DMold company is absolutely open about his ideas and activities this secondary company has continued to bring tons of lies even here, on this board, trying to keep his status-quo. That is all, in principle.

Geesh, I said I wasn't going to comment anymore but you hooked me in. Just something to consider, his "lies" on his website don't even mention your companies name, the only way anybody knows anything about it is because of your posting here. So, again my personal opinion is that you're only hurting yourself and causing people that might not have even known about his products to go to his site to see what you're talking about. And while there they might notice products that look pretty good. So in essence you're giving him free advertising. But again, if it's that important to you, by all means carry on.

Bill

It is sad to see two people engage in such a pitiful argument, and do so at the expense of the readers of a public forum. There is a legal system in place for you guys. If you are incurring business damages, go ahead and seek legal action. Why are you being so absurdly childish? It seems like you are exploiting the readers of this forum to bash one another in hopes to paint the other one in a bad light. After so many people suggesting that this is looking pathetic, you are still not getting the message and continuing with your distasteful behavior. It makes me think both of you are extremely immature and obnoxious people.

Dimitri, I have purchased a set from you in the past and is still unbuilt. I have defended you during the whole Rhino models fiasco. But the vibe I am getting from you has pushed me over the edge now. I am very sorry to say this. After reading your pitiful messages here, I have concluded that I don't want to be associated with you or your products and I am publicly denouncing you. I will immediately trash the set I bought from you, and would not mind a bit if you lose many more costumers through your behavior.

I will say this. Dinozavr might have learned the skills from you and emerged as a competitor. Heck the original logos look absurdly similar. So yes, who ever did their logo later likely stole it from the first creator. But, Dimitri, your last few messages have taken away all the dignity you might have had in my eyes. Don't play dumb and ask "what's dirty about publishing comparison" Your pathetic little agenda is obvious. You have been proven wrong anyway.

i'm quite happy to comment as to why there's a divot there - i'm not particularly good. User error pure and simple. The tabs I put on the fuselage base to spread the one-piece top and avoid wingroot gaps stopped the top seating down properly, unfortunately I didn;t realise it until after everything had set up. The sanding required to fix the step left the divot. A current picture is below.

Now dmold, I'm quite happy to admit I messed up - but you obviously aren't. You commented on part of my post but ignored the bit about 2/3rds of XMMs product line being either completely unrelated to, or pre-dating, yours. Making it pretty much impossible for his products to be copys of yours.

You have jumped onto a thread (now at least twice) that has nothing to do with you, simply to throw around completely unproven allegations that someone has illegally copied your products, when the evidence shows that that's pretty much impossible. So either put up some actual evidence (instead of baseless allegations which, until evidence is provided, equate to lies designed solely to hurt a competitor) or pull your head in. As far as i can see it's immoral and highly dodgy conduct which is probably legally defined as slander or defamation.

I'm actually not sure why i've bitten here and bought into this but it is probably because I really dislike the way in which you have consciously tried to damage someone's business through the use of completely unsubstantiated comments and slanderous accusations. Knowing you can;t fight with facts so making baseless allegations as loud and as often as possible is a very common tactic used by the worst sort of shysters, frauds and politicians. Put up or shut up.

To those who are now doubting XMM's business practices please think about what has actually happened in this thread. Baseless accusations that, IMHO, XMM had no choice but to respond to. Where he did respond he at least tried to be respectful. And after the thread died a natural death dmold brought it back from the dead purely to run the same baseless accusations, start the fight and try to manipulate customers again. I really can;t see how XMM can be blamed for that.

& to the mods, considering how quickly some things get shut down here (generally for good reason), why has dmold's behaviour in this thread been allowed? If he wants to start a thread to discuss his own products, go for it but trolling, hijacking and trying to start a fight on a competitor's thread...

I'll finish this rant by saying that the only dealing I have had with XMM was one transaction where I bought 2 items & I found him, and the items very good. Anyway, i'll get off my hobbyhorse now and post the photo of the current state of my (admittedly not very good) model which uses XMM products.

2013-10-12075122_zps1541d6ae.jpg

edit reason - proofreading for apostrophes etc.

Edited by billb