once again of the air intakes for the jet modeling

Now dmold, I'm quite happy to admit I messed up - but you obviously aren't. You commented on part of my post but ignored the bit about 2/3rds of XMMs product line being either completely unrelated to, or pre-dating, yours. Making it pretty much impossible for his products to be copys of yours.

You have jumped onto a thread (now at least twice) that has nothing to do with you, simply to throw around completely unproven allegations that someone has illegally copied your products, when the evidence shows that that's pretty much impossible. So either put up some actual evidence (instead of baseless allegations which, until evidence is provided, equate to lies designed solely to hurt a competitor) or pull your head in. As far as i can see it's immoral and highly dodgy conduct which is probably legally defined as slander or defamation.

I'm actually not sure why i've bitten here and bought into this but it is probably because I really dislike the way in which you have consciously tried to damage someone's business through the use of completely unsubstantiated comments and slanderous accusations. Knowing you can;t fight with facts so making baseless allegations as loud and as often as possible is a very common tactic used by the worst sort of shysters, frauds and politicians. Put up or shut up.

To those who are now doubting XMM's business practices please think about what has actually happened in this thread. Baseless accusations that, IMHO, XMM had no choice but to respond to. Where he did respond he at least tried to be respectful. And after the thread died a natural death dmold brought it back from the dead purely to run the same baseless accusations, start the fight and try to manipulate customers again. I really can;t see how XMM can be blamed for that.

& to the mods, considering how quickly some things get shut down here (generally for good reason), why has dmold's behaviour in this thread been allowed? If he wants to start a thread to discuss his own products, go for it but trolling, hijacking and trying to start a fight on a competitor's thread...

Now what has been written in the official letter by DMold to exclude any mess with original and false trademarks (shortened version, full text is at the page3)

"I am sorry to see that this producer has not found a better solution but to create a clone of the DMold company. Brand cloning is a distinctive phenomenon in the international trading practice. Clones do not copy but simulate products of well-known producers. These clones try to compensate for the lack of quality of their products by an external commonality to well-known producers. They also may produce their own products but under the same, slightly modified trademark of a well-known company. This 'new producer' on all appearances has obviously come exactly the same way."

Under a pressure of this thread (and ONLY under this pressure!) this guy has ultimately changed the logo for his own.

But WERE did you see any unsubstantiated comments and slanderous accusations for this person in illegal copying of any products?? POINT please. But just these statements published at the present XMM web-site are really a new problem with this company which should be resolved now. And you have written a long post but boorish and inane.

Edited by Dimitri

Having read the whole thread, I do have to question why a company in this case XMM, that maintains that all work and castings are of his own work, felt the need to blatantly copy the logo of DMold if it wasn't to confuse the customer from the outset. Surely if he has the skill to make these masters then designing his own company logo wouldn't have been hard.

I've dealt with Dmitri DMold on several large orders while he lived in Russia and I found him to be nothing but honest and up front in every aspect, and I can see where he's coming from. However this thread has descended into a farce and both parties would be better off putting the time and effort into their own businesses, as the only winner in this continual slandering match will be Rhinoworks and we don't won't to go there.

I wanted to close the loop on this. I am standing behind my own word (my post) and disassociating myself with Dimitri's products:

IMG_6547.JPG

I did this in disgust rather than anger. The type of behavior Dimitri has exhibited is something I vehemently take exception to in real life. If you tell me not to take the hobby so seriously, you would be missing the point, as it is a matter of principle. I would be a hypocrite to use the product of someone I am completely and utterly denouncing.

Edited by Janissary

Yes, Shakespearean passions!:-)

Well, after the latest remarks, what has happened in actuality? No emotions, FACTS only.

Back in January this guy presented himself as a new aftermarket producer but with a slightly modified DMold logo as his own. We claimed that on appearances at least, he was cloning the DMold product line and the DMold logo. At the start of this thread and in order quickly to present himself just as prey, he tried to replace the concept of actual "copying the product line" phrase for a completely different idea. As a reply for this phrase he started to explain that "all his products are really original and are not illegal copies of someone's else" even though there was not such question at the board in principle.

And the people? Yes, some people were really misled with this manipulation. Since an idea of pirating is more known and clear for most of the people shortly after his comments, I was denounced in an attack for this 'innocent and honest guy'. This is exactly what he wanted to achieve. In my post in January I had tried to explain this confusion and mess but without success. In order to exclude any further misunderstanding I published a special notice at my web-site about this guy, and at this board I have made him a 'business-offer'. He jumps off from the DMold trademark and I remove this notice from my web-site. The thread was virtually closed. In a about a month (or so) I saw that he had finally stopped using my logo and created his own. I immediately removed the notice from my web-site and NEVER came back to this question again, I simply forgot about the existence of this company and NO mentions about it were published at the DMold web-site since that time.

I visited his web-site just now, on the link published in latest here. But what did see there? All the same mentions about the 'old' and new name but in a tangled and vague manner now. At his web-site he has permanently published a number of slanderous statements and another absolutely far-fetched and false accusations directly against the company he was trying to imitate. Should I not pay attention to these egregious facts and allow them to work as he wants?? Certainly NOT! This is why I was compelled to return to this thread back again and point out these false statements and those methods this person continues to use.

These are facts, a complete story and my only demand for him is as before, - to remove all these false statements from his web-site as well as all these tangled and vague mentions about 'old, new names'.

D

What is flimsy and false accusations ? Did not Dimitri accuse me first of copying its product , then copying the line of range , and then production of low-quality clones? Nothing was not confirmed. His only argument is the former , and long ago changed the similarity of logos and names, on the basis of which he makes his fantasies. Maybe it's my mistake that I used my old logo for products which was selling in Russia . But in Russia the all know who is who, nobody was fooled and nobody called me by his imitator .

The logo and the name I have changed before the creation of my web-site and the start of sales outside Russia .

I think, this is my final post on this topic . I'm tired of arguing and respond to the attacks of spleeny and niggling brawler.

That Skyray intake set looks pretty nice Alexander. I might just have to pick one up. Like Ryan (Plastic Weapons), I've been waiting for that since I first saw your post on these intakes.

Rob

Unfortunately dmitri, just because you capitalised the word 'FACTS', it does not mean that you are being factual. In the posts that the moderators removed at the beginning of this thread you very definitely accused XMM of copying your products, 'pirating' them in fact. That is why the mods removed a number of your posts.

ie., you are now lieing.

That is a quite unemotional fact.

(I was in this thread very early on and remember your comments. I remember them mainly because of your unpleasant and uncalled for attitude and your lack of any actual evidence)

This whole 'copying the product line' thing is a semantic furphy that you are now trying to throw in to con people into believing you are actually in the right. 'Baffle them with bull' is what you are trying to do to be precise.

A device quite similar to your cute little way of asking questions that you think are tricky. Then, if you don;t draw the answer you want, ignore the answer entirely and change the topic. If your fishing expedition finds something you don;t want then minimise the chance of other people seeing it by not mentioning it in any way. Actually it's quite rude to ask a question and then ignore the answer but you're obviously not here to be polite. and I even went to the effort of taking a new photo for you...

Then you throw in a couple of sneaky little insults to get a reaction: boorish seems to be your 'go to' word. It's a nice one really, but doesn't quite fit the image you are so obviously trying to build.

Then, when you get an emotional reaction, like you did with Janissary, you smoothly change personality to the 'i'm a rational, mature individual. Trust me, i'm the adult here.' It contrasts well with an emotional reaction. You're purposefully trying to make Janissary look silly for sticking to his word.

Unfortunately it's all rather contrived and transparent, and, again, a lie.

Anyway, you quite obviously are trying to be clever. You might have done a basic 'writing to manipulate/influence' course or similar, maybe picked up a couple of tricks from some of the less reputable advertisers and politicians in the world. And you're trying to apply those dodgy skills to help your business and hurt someone else's. Rather tawdry really.

tbh I shouldn;t have replied, & I won;t again. I should have stuck with 'don;t feed the trolls', because that is, very definitely, what you are.

oh, & ps - the logo, not sure how old the xmm one you posted is but he wasn;t using it when I bought from him at the start of this year. ie. he changed his logo a long time before you trolled it into this thread for your own ends. He obviously moved on...

DMold worked well for me, and I think I'll stay with them. Yet I have no quarrel with XM whatever it is now. Yet if one of these enterprising fellows got on the bandwagon and decided to help us isolated 1/72nd scale folks, I'd be on their bandwagaon.

* F100 parts for the Italari and Trumpeter kits would put you ahead of the game.

* A6 series from Fujimi is begging for you (as well as Airfix)

* You seem to have ignored the Hasegawa and Fujimi Phantoms!

* Skyraiders in 1/72nd!!!

* A4's are begging for you right along with F105's

* Meng does a very nice F102, and once again is ignored!

* None of you seems interested in Tomcats, but there are three nice ones that are begging for you!!

Now with this cat fight soaring into the stratosphere, please let me tell you that you got plenty of good subjects to further elevate your status. Just look at what you can do for the fellow modelers that like to do Russian Federation stuff! So anyway while your beating yourself up again, I'll be putting an order together for Vector! (prop stuff) But guess what you could have also gotten into that ball game as well! There's plenty of room in the markets, so please take advantage of us out here just simply begging for your help!

gary

Intakes for the 1/72 Phantom (Hasegawa) are available.

They look very good, but I'll be better able to judge after I get my order (hopefully this week).

Wish "they" would get rid of the confusing "profiled" word!!!

Gene K

What is flimsy and false accusations ? Did not Dimitri accuse me first of copying its product , then copying the line of range , and then production of low-quality clones?

No, Alexandr, you was never accused in direct copying any products. Yes, I was shocked, I was injured at first by the fact how you used my experience, and a couple of my posts were just about it. But they were actually too emotional and of too personal character and this is only reason why these posts were removed by mods. But you WAS NEVER accused in ordinary pirating. This is 100% fact. And your rhetorical question as above only confirms all over again how dirty your character are. And facts without emotions are all as above and my demand is all the same.

Well after reading all this stuff from the beginning...

Yes, neither of the parties are free of sin. On one side Alexandr for a time used a logo that was a direct copy of Dmold's logo and tried to steal some customer base using their fame. But also remains the fact Dmitri has been slandering and denouncing Alexandr also of copying his products line and stealing his "skills".

Well, he stopped using that logo. And as shown and witnessed by many ppl besides sharing a couple of "intakes" intended for the same models and which aren't direct copies of each other, the different items whatsover.

So the only sticking point is your continuous accusation of Alexandr of stealing your skills. Which by how you described, in many other countries or cultures would be considered as "mentoring or training in a craftsmanship". There are mentors who take a pupil and directly teach them from the basics to all the skills needed for a craftsmanship. Others simply ignore the pupil, keep doing their day to day work, and just let the pupil watch and learn.

If a Chef has a dishwasher guy in the kitchen and one of them started learning how to cook by watching the chef. Is he stealing the Chef's skills?

If a Carpenter lets a kid into his workshop for many many hours and this kids learns his skills and later works as a carpenter, is he stealing his skills. Would the carpenter ban or bully the kid from ever using those skill he learned?

Funny cause a lot of this works/craftsmandships follow the same pattern and the pupil usually end up doing the same kind of work or at least related. Nothing you can do to stop them. Be it a chef, a sushi chef, a carpenter, a stonemason, swordsmith, et al. And do they end up going at each other's throat or slinging poo at each other!?

Dmtri if you didn't want someone to learn your oh mighty ninja skills and work in the same kind of business/crafts, you shouldn't have let him watch you while working or enter your workshop.

would you mind posting pics of all the 1/72 Phantom stuff and what they fit? Also do you have a North American dealer network?

gary

Unfortunately, it is all. How it fit, there is better to wait reviews from people who have used these set

I don't have a North American dealer network

[

So the only sticking point is your continuous accusation of Alexandr of stealing your skills. Which by how you described, in many other countries or cultures would be considered as "mentoring or training in a craftsmanship". There are mentors who take a pupil and directly teach them from the basics to all the skills needed for a craftsmanship. Others simply ignore the pupil, keep doing their day to day work, and just let the pupil watch and learn.

Note

The last time I saw Dimitri's work process of 18-19 years ago. Now used at all another technologies

...tried to steal some customer base using their fame...

To entice some customers - yes, "tried to steal some customer base using their fame" - no, because earlier, in the Russian market, had no confusion between XMOLD and DMOLD.

Outside of Russia, I started selling with a new name and logo

By the way, Dmitri was to accuse me only after my post on this forum. Previously, he was silent for some reason

And in general, the skill to hold a file in the hand does not depend on the skills of others (Sorry, this phrase refers to a Dimitri's post)

Hell, I once again dragged into this swamp....do not feed the troll ... be above petty squabbles ...

and I step on the same rake again ........

Edited by dinozavr

I'd recommend starting a new thread and either cutting and pasting the original announcement part and any product updates you want to add. I think it would be a shame to get rid of this information simply because someone decided to pile a bunch of garbage into the mix. I think guys are going to want to know about your products without all the soap opera post. But that's just my opinion.

Bill