1/72 F-15E Strike Eagle by Revell (Hasegawa)

Work done (already weeks ago), but today clean skies and pleasant temperatures (more or less) gave me the chance to shoot some pictures of the finished bird:

IMG_3620_zps4733ce73.jpg

IMG_3621_zpsf9efa49a.jpg

IMG_3622_zpsc6810a51.jpg

IMG_3623_zps8eedee27.jpg

IMG_3624_zps30334182.jpg

IMG_3625_zps3c897a1f.jpg

IMG_3626_zps43cf5fb7.jpg

IMG_3627_zps79382214.jpg

IMG_3628_zps1f8853b1.jpg

HAJO

• 2 years later...

I´m restarting this thread, since I just began a second F-15E!

This time I use the original Hasegawa kit, but in a new boxing with new parts. These contain the necessary parts to make a "real" F-15E.

IMG_5914_zpsjtnpgbex.jpg

HAJO

• 2 weeks later...

Have to apologize, didn´t do much writing here, although I just finished the first coat of the final grey. But until then I went this way:

IMG_5923_zpsupmeuc4j.jpg

IMG_5926_zpsgrpa6rmp.jpg

Dumb me forgot to check the plan for the original "E", which resulted in mounting the wrong small pylons on the FAST-tank. Well, it´s not too obvious, although now everybody knows... ;)

IMG_5928_zpsuxx3rirz.jpg

Some areas pre-painted to check for necessary touch-ups and to piant areas that are harder to reach with a brush.

IMG_5927_zpsytf6xyqt.jpg

Overall I have to say that the new parts for the improved kit are very good!

HAJO

• 2 weeks later...

Hups, already done! :)

IMG_5947_zpskhxjaptt.jpg

I had bought a set by Hi Decal-Lines some years ago I was planning to use here. I applied these decals on the fins, but was pretty unhappy with the result, as they were quite thick and reacted strangely with Decal Solution, resulting in grey smere-marks. Finally I remembered having a set of 57th Aggressor-Eagles in my spares and used them on the rest of the aircraft.

IMG_5948_zpsmrxecml1.jpg

IMG_5949_zpsy2vwcihx.jpg

As load-out I choses what F-15E.net described as "Operation Enduring Freedom - Loadout #2". It consists of a GBU-15, the necessary AN/ZSW-1 IDLP-Data Pod to guide the GBU-15 and a GBU-24. Thy typcial defensive A-A-loadout is reduced to two AIM-9Ls on the side of the GBU-15, since their fins would interfere with the AIM-120.

IMG_5951_zpsyhmyyyyr.jpg

I made the GBU-15 using an old GBU-8 from the Italeri F-15E-kit. So in this build again some parts from that old vintage kit were used!

IMG_5952_zpsfsrpwn9p.jpg

IMG_5953_zpsv4iihiuv.jpg

More pictures taken with natural lighting and the other F-15E from page one in the upcoming days!

HAJO

Thanks, although, by looking at the dates of my pictures, the first shots were taken on february 9th and the last one on the 28th.

But you´re quite right, I´m not a very patient builder. ;)

HAJO

Thanks, although, by looking at the dates of my pictures, the first shots were taken on february 9th and the last one on the 28th.

But you´re quite right, I´m not a very patient builder. wink.gif

HAJO

Augh!!! Oh well, counting was never one of my strong suits...

Good job anyway!

Russ

Not sure the 57th Wing flies any Strike Eagles, even less during OEF or OIF.

That might have deserved a wait to get some proper Strike Eagle decals. ;)/>

I´m sure that this load-out was on a different bird, but this time I combined it with a 57th Strike Eagle.

HAJO