The idea here is to build anything Boeing* (yeah, this includes boats and rail vehicles too, on the off chance anyone wants to do such a subject).

* Caveat: This means anything that became well-known under the Boeing name. So, a CH-46 Sea Knight is just fine, since it became known as a Boeing Vertol product, even though its design started with Piasecki; conversely, although aircraft like the DC-10, F-4 and Super Hornet are now technically owned by Boeing, they all started out - and became known as - McDonnell-Douglas products, so they are excluded from this GB. Within those limitations, it's all good.

Other basic rules:

* A build can be ~10% done at the start of the GB (this is hard to quantify as a percentage, perhaps better put: cockpit/interior work can be finished, ordnance, etc.)

* Post what you'll be building in the Entry thread, and then...

* ...start a Work In Progress thread (required).

* Use as much aftermarket, scratchbuilding, kitbashing as you want.

* Build as many kits as you want/can during the life of the GB (end date 1 July 2013).

* When your build is done, post four or five pictures in the "Flight Line" thread.

* There will be a raffle at the end - the prizes will be announced shortly.

* What-Ifs will be permitted on a limited basis: an in-service F-32 or C-14 is acceptable; a Royal Air Force B-52 is not. tl;dr if a subject entered serial production, it is not acceptable as a basis for a "what-if" model; but if it was only prototypes/experimentals or a "paper plane", then plausible in-service schemes would be accepted (by "plausible" I mean, a YC-14 could've entered service with the USAF, or Australia, or a NATO ally, but not with China, the USSR etc.)

Hopefully those aren't too unreasonable! Here's to having some fun and seeing some great builds!

Welcome - now let's get going! :)/>

Here's the right side of the cockpit glass I had to fill. Hopefully I can sand this

without scratching the "glass" too much. If not it's off to find a windshield decal

like the good old airliners days.---John

B52H24.jpg

Hi John... glad to see your updates, but this thread isn't for posting the updates. Please start a new thread in the GB forum for this builds - each build should have its own thread. (And then, when its done, post a few pics into the 'Flight Line' thread).

Edited by Litvyak

Yes - there will definitely be a raffle at the end!

And thanks for the offer of a prize! I've got some prizes together, still working on yet others. I'll post a list later on.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Question. The Super Hornet did not start as Boeing. However the EA-18G Growler came on line after the Super Hornet was owned by Boeing. (I think) Therefore made with Boeing bucks. Doable?

• 2 months later...

Hello,

How strict is the deadline of this GB? The 1st of July is upcoming monday. My 737 is 0,01% from finishing, I only have to add the name, but the decal for it has to cross the 'large pond' first. I really want to do the final photoshoot with the name on it. I hope the decals arrive this monday or tuesday. Is that a problem?

Okay, I'll give till Saturday so anyone close to finishing can finish up!

Thank you to everyone who took part! I'll be posting raffle info soon.