Put me down for a VTANG EB-57B. I've got the Italeri B-57G and if I leave off the parts for the big nose, come up with a couple of under wing tanks and a bunch of little antennae under the belly, it'll pass. I'll do markings for "Ole Buckshot" which is a gate guard now. ADF gray with black and orange swoops on the nose.

Here's one at DM in the markings I'm going to try and cobble together.

eb57mar02.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Going to do a second build for this one. I noticed that while we have a nice selection of RCAF reserve stuff along with the ANG, USMC and USN Reserve builds, there isn't a single Royal Auxiliary Air Force build.

So I'm going to build a Spitfire F22 of 603 'City of Edinburgh' Squadron, RAuxAF. Box markings from Airfix's recent 1/72 kit.

Was thinking about what was next and since nobody has built any US Army National Guard stuff yet that maybe

P1010004_zps8b8348cd.jpg

P1010005_zps4236210b.jpg

P1010006_zps82c8f3a4.jpg

I havn't built any armor in over 20 years and this kit has been sitting even longer. Originaly wanted to build it in a winter scheme of Dark Green and White but the Grey Desert scheme for the Califirnia M109 is sharp also.

Here's what I'm building ;

The 1/72 Revell HH-3E

HH-3Ebuildpic1_zpsc1a1c35d.jpg

The Helo will be finiahed in the Euro One camo scheme in use with the New York ANG .

One of my aircraft reference books has several pictures of this Helicopter which I'll be using as a guide for my build .

I don't have any specific decals , only some black and low viz letters/numbers to coble together .

I see Hi-Decal is one of the sponsor's of the this GB . I went looking through my decal stash and found some nice Hi-Decal 1/72 A-10A Thunderbolt decals for the New York ANG for the period around 1982 . This would make a nice compainon for the HH-3E build , so I'll think about adding that one later on .

Helo 53.

This will be my second build once I complete the HH-3E Helo

Academy's 1/72 A-10A Thunderbolt II using the Hi-Decal 72-010 , option 4 New York ANG

A-10AWarthogbuildpic1_zpsa014a28d.jpg

Hi-decalA-10AWarthogpic1_zps39781f87.jpg

One of my reference books has some nice colour pic's of the New York ANG A-10A

A-10AWarthogNewYorkANG_zps73820160.jpg

Looking forward to building the kit .

Helo 53

Ok, I've found my subject, I'll be doing a USAF Reserve HH-34J Chocktaw.

During the Vietnam war the USAF was facing a shortage of rescue helicopters. This along with the retirement of the HU-16 Albatross found many Air Force Reserve units short of aircraft. As a short term fix in 1971 some retired SH-34J Seabats were acquired from the US Navy, re-equipped for the rescue mission and supplied to three USAF Reserve Aerospace Rescue and Recovery Squadrons as the HH-34J Choctaw.

I'll be using the Italeri 1/72 UH-34J kit.

• 4 weeks later...

With the F-106 rounding the corner I started to think about what was next. I know I said I wanted to build that M109 from the California NG but this F-4B from VMFA-321 is calling me.

P1010003-2_zps004999b1.jpg

Going to be built on a 1/72 Fujimi F-4B

Edited by Spectre711
  • 1 month later...

With not much left on the F-16 I think the next one for me is a F-105B in 1/72. It will have the 108th TFW 141st TFS markings and I haven't completely decided yet but I think it will be in silver instead of the SEA paint. I haven't done anything in natural in a while.

IMG_20130504_141128_707_zpse6ff68b8.jpg

Now that my F-14 is finished, it's time to start my next build. It will be a 1/72 Fujimi A-7D in Pennsylvania ANG markings, using the kit decals and some Airdoc decals.

P5092314_zps6e66a564.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ok, I've found my subject, I'll be doing a USAF Reserve HH-34J Chocktaw.

During the Vietnam war the USAF was facing a shortage of rescue helicopters. This along with the retirement of the HU-16 Albatross found many Air Force Reserve units short of aircraft. As a short term fix in 1971 some retired SH-34J Seabats were acquired from the US Navy, re-equipped for the rescue mission and supplied to three USAF Reserve Aerospace Rescue and Recovery Squadrons as the HH-34J Choctaw.

I'll be using the Italeri 1/72 UH-34J kit.

Unfortunately time wasn't on my side and I never got started on this. :crying2:

Great idea for a GB though.