RoG 1/144 KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Boeing 747-400

Haha, yea, this one has wandered all over the place, thats for sure. 1 step forward, and 10 steps back. But I think I've finally started making forward progress again. The fuselage is done finally except for some last very minor clean up. I've moved onto the wings, cleaning up seams & such before working on attaching them to the fuselage. I can already tell that taking care of the join between wings & fuselage is going to take a fair amount of time. I'm already beginning to feel that this build wont be completed in time for the end of the GB, but we'll see.

Very nice work so far... Look forward to seeing the finished model. I started one of these kits a few years ago and eventually gave up!

I am building the Revell 747-8 at the moment, and it's nothing like the -400. It's much, much nicer to build.

I have to say that if I hadnt spent the money to buy decals, and swapped engines, I would have very seriously considered at least putting back in its box and putting it back on the shelf for awhile. I've been really busy w/ other things lately, so havent had a chance to do much of anything in the last couple of weeks. Hoping to work on it some this coming weekend. I'm almost ready to attach the wings the fuselage, which would be a huge step for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, a minor update finally.

Tonight I decided it was time to finally glue the wings on. I spent some time earlier today working on cleaning up the join where the winglets met the wings, put some putty on them then smoothed it out. And then glued the wings on.

Surprisingly, it almost looks like the wings are pretty close to being level, which was a huge surprise. Will have to wait till tomorrow for it to be completely set and I remove the tape, to know for sure. I'll probably work on assembling the landing gear so that I can get a good idea of just how badly its going to be to try getting all of the wheels to touch at hte same time. Not holding my breath on that one.

Boeing089_zpsb4aa0fad.jpg

Boeing091_zps46b862ef.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well, I had hoped that I'd have this build done before the deadline, but I had a pretty good idea very early on that it wasn't going to happen. This kit was such a PITA, that I just lost interest in it. Its been leaning up against my paint rack for almost a month now, and it hasn't moved more than an inch since I put the wings on it. I'll get it done eventually, but I think it maybe awhile, just b/c I don't have any interest in working on it right now.