Making progress on the MH-47E.

Thanks to Norbert we have some things such as connectors and the aft antenna deflectors and the round antennas. He is working tirelessly on the guns and chaff/flare buckets.

I have to tell you that I've asked quite a few people to help with this project and most have stepped up to the plate. I appreciate it alot.

MH-47E/G Project

To do list

Refueling mount support struts construct

Hoist support struts length.

M-134 'ring' mount

Not too much more to go. Then it is a matter of bringing it all together and getting the parts put together.

There is a pre-order list. Just email me at fwernerjr@comcast.net or info@wernerswings.com for overseas modelers.

It would certainly help to sell more other stuff to build the capital reserve. LOL

Floyd

Edited by Floyd S. Werner, Jr.

One thing is for sure Floyd, a 1/35 scale MH-47 decked out and detailed WILL take up space on a contest table AND turn heads. Between your detail set, decal set and CC's detail set, I CANNOT wait to convert my CH-47A into a MH-47!!!

Edited by hawkwrench

Very interested in this conversion. Question, which would be the better of the 2 CH-47 kits to use as the base kit for the conversion? Isn't there 2 1/35 kits, an A and a D. Thanks.

Chuck

Edited by otis252

Very interested in this conversion. Question, which would be the better of the 2 CH-47 kits to use as the base kit for the conversion? Isn't there 2 1/35 kits, an A and a D. Thanks.

Chuck

The D model will be the base kit. Could you use the A? Yes but the blades will be incorrect. I'm not sure of any other differences. I haven't really researched it as I'm working with the D model. As I get closer I'll look more closely and figure out what needs to be done.

Floyd

The D model will be the base kit. Could you use the A? Yes but the blades will be incorrect. I'm not sure of any other differences. I haven't really researched it as I'm working with the D model. As I get closer I'll look more closely and figure out what needs to be done.

Floyd

The A boxing has also the very early tail gear, and I'm not sure if the aft pylon is the same. I think it will be difficult to start from a A

Norbert

You could start with an A like I did, but it's a lot of work when the pylon and the landing gear are a lot closer in the D kit to start with. I pretty much rebuilt the aft pylon from scratch for mine, then went out and brought the D kit for the blades.... go figure!

I'm pretty excited about this set coming out I'd love to have one next to the D.

Craig

I'm really getting interested in this one. Assuming one starts with the D model kit, what other AM is needed to really do this one up right? Can anyone point me to a good review or build of the Trump CH-47D? Like to see what I'm getting into. Many thanks.

Chuck

Live Resin did not want to be a part of the project. That means either I just do the airframe and have you guys buy the gun systems or buy them and add the price to an already expensive conversion.

I'll have to check with the Cobra Company. I'm sure I can come up with something.

Still moving forward.

Floyd

Live Resin did not want to be a part of the project. That means either I just do the airframe and have you guys buy the gun systems or buy them and add the price to an already expensive conversion.

I'll have to check with the Cobra Company. I'm sure I can come up with something.

Still moving forward.

Floyd

Hi Floyd

I could do that :

Steyr5.jpg

Steyr8.jpg

(Steyr gun)

So why not a M-240D ?

Norbert

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, not sure what a Steyr has to do with a MH-47E, but picked up a 35th Trumpeter CH-47D yesterday in preperation for the conversion. Hope it includes a complete nose and windscreen, cause my kit was missing it!

Chuck

Floyd- looking over your list I noticed the cargo hook, we never fly with the cargo hook installed unless we are going to use them that day. I think the only ones that have hooks installed are the training battalion birds. Removing them saves weight, not much, but every little bit counts.

Floyd- looking over your list I noticed the cargo hook, we never fly with the cargo hook installed unless we are going to use them that day. I think the only ones that have hooks installed are the training battalion birds. Removing them saves weight, not much, but every little bit counts.

Thanks. We'll include it just in case the modeler wants to do it. If I could impose and ask for the length of the mount struts. Otherwise I have to do my best guess. Thanks for your help.

Floyd

I'll should be able together those for you tomorrow.

That is great news.

Also great news is that the canopy/cockpit area is done. Tom Bausch has done an outstanding job. Here are the picture of the master windows. I haven't seen them in person yet but they look great. I should have them tomorrow. This was the biggest hurdle to overcome for this set. Norbert's stuff is the next big thing. No pressure just an information for those waiting on the set. I'll start working on the hoist as soon as hookdriver can get me the information on the support struts. I think I will give the green light to Master for the in flight refueling boom tip. This set won't be cheap but it will be cool and really, really big. As I work on mine from the parts, to do the instructions I'll post on here so you can see how it goes together. That is still a ways away but it is closer to a reality than before. Thank you Tom.

Floyd

DSCN1678_zps47ed3b2a.jpg

Don't worry about the rivets I'll replace them before I get it cast.

DSCN1679_zpsb6e24219.jpg

DSCN1680_zpsbdedb948.jpg

DSCN1681_zps34c3eac7.jpg

Edited by Floyd S. Werner, Jr.

Wow, that looks great. Will that be cast in clear resin? If not how are you planning to do the glass? just wondering.

Chuck

I will wait until I have it in my hands and talk with the caster before making a decision. I'd like to cast it in clear for ease of building and strength but we'll see what can be done.

Floyd

This looks great Floyd.

Is this coming only in 1/35 for the Trumpy kit or will there be a 1/48 version at some point?

I honestly don't remember if there is a D model in 1/48 but I am doing a 1/48 MH-60K right now and the ability to get an MH-47E next to it would be awesome.

Zach

So the top support is 39", the second is 38" and the bottom is 33", all have a diameter of 1 and 1/4".

A lot of the Mh-47 models that I see have the old round FLIR, is that the one you guys are using?

Fantastic. Thanks, I appreciate the info. That prevented me from guesstimating the size. We are using the old round style FLIR. I may offer up a MH-47G update later with a new FLIR and instrument panel. Let's get through the the MH-47E. LOL

Floyd