This looks great Floyd.

Is this coming only in 1/35 for the Trumpy kit or will there be a 1/48 version at some point?

I honestly don't remember if there is a D model in 1/48 but I am doing a 1/48 MH-60K right now and the ability to get an MH-47E next to it would be awesome.

Zach

It is for the 1/35th scale Trumpeter kit. I think Italeri does one in 1/48th scale.

Floyd

An Updated

MH-47E/G Project

To do list

Chaff/Flare boxes and TWO types of mounts- Norbert

7.62mm mount for ramp- Norbert

Modify Front Strut for resin fuel cells- Modify resin cell

Refuel Probe and plumbing (turned metal end)- Master

M-134s plus ejector tubing- Check with Cobra Company

Hoist Mounts- Acquire tubing/ Make mounts out of plastic

Wiring- Cobra Company for flexible resin

Cargo Hook- Pavehawk kit

Coming along, but these things take time.

Floyd

Edited by Floyd S. Werner, Jr.

Unfortunately the only other kit is the 1/72 scale MH-47 from Italeri. A 1/48 version would be very welcome for the D kit also available from Italeri...

I have work done on 1/48th, just not all that it needs. I lack motivation and I don't trust Italeri.

Chris M

I have work done on 1/48th, just not all that it needs. I lack motivation and I don't trust Italeri.

Chris M

I am planning on doing a 48th MH-47D based on the Italeri kit. I'll be raiding several of your MH-60 sets for some of the bits, anything you might want to release would be greatly appreciated.

mason

Chris M

Chris I love your resin. Working on the MH-60 right now and have a bunch of your hind stuff and I am planning on snagging your HH-65 set. I would love to see an MH-47 set for the 1/48 Italeri kit.

Zach

• 1 month later...

Just an update on where we are. Really close. Cockpit/Canopy has been sent out for casting in clear resin. Fingers are crossed. Refueling probe tip is being done by Master and should be shipped to me in the US next week. Finished the Upper Rear Pylon things. Modified the landing gear for the fat cow side panels. This will have to be done by the modeler but I've done a proof of concept (See attached photo).

Norbert is still working on the guns and flare buckets/mounts. I'll start working on the hoist stuff today or tomorrow. That shouldn't take too long. I have to build up some of the mounts. I just ordered some stuff for the refueling tubing. I am taking some photos for the instructions which will be pretty big.

Depending on the armament and the cockpit area we are really close. I'm hoping within a month or two. I'd love to see some of these built up and on the table at the Nats. Still no promises though. We continue to work on these. You'll know when they are ready because I will try to build my proof of concept/instruction model online here for you to see and enjoy.

Floyd

MH-47E/G Project

To do list

Chaff/Flare boxes Need the TWO types of mounts

M-240 and mount for ramp

M-134s and/or M-240s mounts plus shell ejection chutes

Refuel Probe and plumbing (turned metal end awaiting arrival from Master Model] and need to do the hoses to wheel well)

Hoist Mounts and struts

Here is the strut modification required. These are not your father's soft metal landing gear. First time I've ever had to break out the hack saw to model.

Modifications required

IMG_9022_zps64d1f00f.jpg

As you'll see it in the instructions.

LandingGearcut_zps0cf56b2c.jpg

Strut in place.

IMG_9016_zps81b7197f.jpg

It's no worries Floyd. Like I said I'm still in, with or without the CC set. I'm sure the kit parts can be made to work with your IP and other MH specific parts. Hopefully, CC will restart production soon of the cockpit set. I'm really look forward to this set and your build to show us the way.

Chuck

Hey Floyd, guessing we going to get the flare launchers with the set, but what about the M240's? No biggie just wondered.

Chuck

I have the quote from the caster on the cockpit alone and for some reason the cost has increased. I'm still negotiating with them on that. However, I am debating on taking deposits on the set of $100. There will be more costs but that will at least get the cockpit section financed.

It is my plan to give you both the chaff dispensers and the guns. I'm not sure about the M-134 yet.

Seems with the caster, if they are consistent with their pricing, this may have just gone astronomical, read $200, which is really cost prohibitive in my opinion. I'm committed to the project though.

Whatever happens I've already come to the conclusion that this will not be a big money maker, despite the cost of the set. I kind of knew that already but I was hoping for a little bit of a profit to share with Andriy.

Floyd

Werner’s Wings 1/35th scale MH-47E Conversion Contract

I am asking for a $100 deposit per set to Paypal at fwernerjr@comcast.net or by credit card. This will ensure that you get a conversion set. This money will be used to finance the casting which is quite expensive. With that said, I do not know the release date yet. The total amount will be due at a later date, probably within the next month or two.

Currently I do not know the total costs of the project. I’m expecting it to be in the $150-175 range. I do not foresee it going any higher.

This is a limited edition of 75 units total of the MH-47E. I may offer an MH-47G model later, depending on sales of the E. I may also offer foreign Chinooks and pieces but at a much later date, again depending on demand and availability.

The cockpit/canopy is at the casters being cast in clear resin so you won’t have to mess with clear parts. The other parts are either done or being done in CAD. The refueling probes are being sent to the US as we speak. This set will NOT have decals with it at this time. When the Werner’s Wings releases the Night Stalkers-Part 2, I will provide you with a set of 1/35th scale decals at a reduced price to be determined when they are released. Only modelers who are on the pre-order/deposit/ paid in full list will be allowed this discount.

If you know of anyone that might be interested I encourage you to let them know about this project. This is expensive but I think you will be quite satisfied with the finished product.

By sending the money you agree to the terms listed above and will receive an MH-47E conversion upon completion of the set AND payment in full. Remember this is a first come, first serve basis. There will be no second run of the MH-47E set.

PLEASE PASS THE WORD ON ANY AND ALL FORUMS!

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me at fwernerjr@comcast.net or info@wernerswings.com for those overseas.

If you know the people that belong to these email addresses please tell them or give me the new ones. These people were on Storm Miniatures pre-order list but must have changed thier emails since then.

aveddovi@optusnet.com.au (Obviously from Australia)

jmgaines02@hotmail.com

luman@tele2.it (From Italy. He has ordered from me before but I can't find the information)

mddcad@yahoo.com

If you know who any of them are please tell them to email me.

Thanks

Floyd

Well I guess I'll be the first one on the attrition list to not get the conversion set. My wife just dropped a bomb on me yesterday that my only daughter is getting married----IN 6 WEEKS!!!! No she's not pregnant, they just don't want to wait any longer. Now, I make really good money but I'm not attorney or doctor loaded and its the Dad's responsibility to pay for it so we have to. My wife and I are empty nesters and we had a sizeable amount of money put back for an outdoor kitchen,a new dog, she wanted a handgun and I was taking a lot of money to the Region 4 convention this weekend. A long story short: outdoor kitchen on hold, dog on hold, gun on hold,Uh-72 Lakota with renessaince detail set on hold, Floyd's conversion set on hold and convention money cancelled. I love my daughter, but this really is getting out of hand. Cancelled,cancelled,cancelled,cancelled!!!!!!WOW how things change so quick and there is nothing I can do, she won't change the date. Oh we'll, thanks for allowing me to vent!

Edited by hawkwrench

The In-Flight Refueling probe is on its way from Poland. Done up by Master Models this will go nicely with the MH-47E conversion. I will eventually offer it as a separate item for the HH-60G and the MH-60s but for now they are for the MH-47.

We will NOT be offering the M-134 set as the Live Resin and Cobra Company ones are quite acceptable. No need to reinvent the gattling gun.

If this doesn't get you excited about sending in your deposit then nothing will.

Floyd

2013-04-09103635_zps6d6c2e48.jpg