Work has been crazy.

I will send my down payment next week, Floyd.

Sorry for the delay.

No worries. It is always crazy at my work. LOL

floyd,i would like to be added to the waiting list and i will be sending my deposit to you next friday,if that is not too late to do so.

Not too late at all. Email me and I'll add you to the list.

I am thinking of cutting off pre-orders and deposits on 30 April though. Just for planning purposes. I have to cut it off sometime to let the caster know how many to make and my total costs.

Floyd

OK here is the probe attached, not glued to the 1/4" tubing. I tried it with brass and aluminum. I feel that the aluminum is the way to go especially if, as I suspect, the 19" long probe will be too heavy in brass for the support to hold. It also is better if the paint chips accidentally for it to be silver underneath.

I'm suppose to be getting the first pull of the cockpit shortly. You can bet when I have it in my hand you'll see it here.

As a reminder, I will stop taking pre-orders/deposits on 1 May. If you don't have your deposit to me by then or made arrangements with me by then you very likely will not be able to purchase this set....ever.

Floyd

In the brass rod it is easy to see the probe. No painting required on the tip.

IMG_9174_zps60fb3035.jpg

Here it is in the aluminum tubing. Neither piece is glued in. Just pressed in place. The fit is perfect. Great job Master.

IMG_9176_zps417a5a48.jpg

Only one week left to pre-order your MH-47E. You probably won't get a second chance on this one. Tell your wife it is what you want for your birthday or anniversary. LOL

Here is the latest update. These parts are on their way to me in the US from Norbert. You can see that he has done a great job.

If you will note the only thing left to do is the refueling hose and the support brackets. I'll try to knock them out next week.

When I get the parts from Norbert and this hose done I'll send the rest of the parts out for casting. Then is just a matter of waiting for them to come in, probably a month or so. Remember I have to get the parts in to make the instructions. That takes some time as well.

You will note that we will NOT include the armament on the aircraft. We decided after dealing with the CAD company that we could not produce a product as nice as Live Resin's at a competitive price. When they release their aircraft M-134 and M-240Bs on swivel mounts. We recommend that you purchase them from them or the Legend or Cobra Company parts with the RB barrels. That is up to you.

So close you can smell the jet fuel.

Floyd

Flare and Chaff buckets and mounts

NORB1026a_zpsd8400972.jpg

NORB1025a_zps2b05e2f2.jpg

Edited by Floyd S. Werner, Jr.

Sounds like we're getting close. Chaff/flare lunchers cast in clear? Not a problem, just wondered. I'm dying to see the first shots of the nose and cockpit.

Chuck

Edited by otis252

" It also is better if the paint chips accidentally for it to be silver underneath"

Just to clarify Floyd, when the paint chips on the probe it is still black, the probe is actually black carbon fiber that is then painted CARC black. It's the strongest part of the helicopter and can withstand over 12,000 lbs of downward force. I believe there have only been 2 known instances of the probe breaking, one was a total loss of the aircraft.

" It also is better if the paint chips accidentally for it to be silver underneath"

Just to clarify Floyd, when the paint chips on the probe it is still black, the probe is actually black carbon fiber that is then painted CARC black. It's the strongest part of the helicopter and can withstand over 12,000 lbs of downward force. I believe there have only been 2 known instances of the probe breaking, one was a total loss of the aircraft.

Learned something new today. Thanks for the info. Makes perfect sense too.

Floyd

Excellent news. Looks like shapeways printing or some other service? I hope they get the printer lines to a minimum...

You wont see the lines I think

However, I'm so sory they could not do the guns the same.

In any case, 3D designs are done for better days with improving technology

Norbert