Remember I will stop accepting pre-orders/deposits on May 1. You must send money by then if you want one or more. This is a limited edition and won’t likely be offered again. If you want to get your copy you will need to send the $100 USD deposit per set to fwernerjr@comcast.net on Paypal. If you need more particulars just let me know and I’ll provide them.

Updates:

The cockpit/canopy area is being cast. I just got the last thing from Norbert out of France so we are good to go. I need to build one more thing to support the refueling boom and then all the parts are being shipped off to the casters.

This means that within the next three to four months I should have the complete conversion sets to ship out. I have to build the first one and photograph it so you will have instructions.

Floyd S. Werner, Jr.

Werner’s Wings

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update. The casters are in the middle of moving so they have not been able to cast the cockpit/canopy area yet. They assure me that they are almost ready to start work on it. I was hoping that they would have it done by now. They assure me that they will be done within the month. I'm leary to send the rest of the components to them until they are actually ready to do the project. I'm ready to rock and roll on this but have to wait for them to be available. Their timing couldn't be worse for me and us. Can't do anything but wait. Sorry.

Floyd

Just remember, "Delay does not mean denial!". We've waited this long, a little bit more wont hurt. By the way, I watched a cool program on youtube the other night about Baltimore's air section called Foxtrot. It showed your birds and went into a little history about the TH-55's you 're unit used and also the story of officer Wood's sacrifice. He truly was a hero for what he did for his Observer. I even thought I saw you a couple of times. Man your birds have a sharp looking paint scheme. I would love to see that up close and get some pics!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about no updates. I've been busy trying to get caught up on a bunch of reviews that I needed to build. They are done so now I will finish up the MH-47E pieces.

Today I primed up the flare/chaff dispensers and mounts. I also finished up the hoist assembly. The hoist will be a bear to add to the kit but I like the way it came out.

Tomorrow I hope to work on the aft end of the refueling boom. I'll go over the list one more time but that should be the final thing. There are some things that the modeler will have to scratchbuild but the big parts are all there for the conversion.

If I finish it up it appears that Additive Enterprises is finally ready to accept new business after their move. So I'll get the parts off to them by the end of next week to be sure. So those of you who pre-ordered/paid start thinking about the other money for the rest of the casting. As soon as they tell me how much it is I'll let you know. It won't be long.

Enjoy the photos.

Floyd

Flare/Chaff Dispensers primed and ready for the caster

IMG_9434_zpsfd3c4ae8.jpg

IMG_9432_zpsabb0ca4c.jpg

Cargo Hoist

IMG_9429_zpsffc999bb.jpg

IMG_9431_zps8ec7c365.jpg

IMG_9430_zpsc51b5474.jpg

Last minute stuff before sending it out to be cast.

The support struts on the forward refueling boom mount has four struts holding the boom to the fuselage. Anybody know the length of those struts from bolt head to bolt head? I have great photos but don't know the lengths to try to replicate them. If I don't have them it may be up to you the modeler to scratchbuild them. Still trying to figure out how to do this to support the refueling boom. May have to sacrifice a little bit of accuracy for strength.

Still could use some photos of each fuselage mount for the hoist, straight on. I have mounts that I made but I'm not completely happy with them. If I can get just closeups of the fuselage mounts I'd be set.

I'm also after the length of the seven support struts for the hoist. So I can add the dimensions to the instructions. I have an idea of how long they are but there are seven of them. I'm sure some are the same length.

Just down to the last minute stuff before I send this off to the caster. I want to include as much as I can. Some things are perplexing me on how to make it, reproduce it and still provide the strength.

The first pull of the clear cockpit should be sent to me by the end of next week. Fingers crossed. When I get it you'll see it here.

Thanks. Any help is appreciated.

Floyd

Floyd,

keep in mind the real life dimensions of the mount supports might not work for the Trumpeter kit simply because it is relatively inaccurate in shape... I have noticed that when building the radar pod for port side. Ideally it would be nice to attach the probe to the side of the fuselage so it is perfectly aligned and measure the necessary distances "on the spot"...

...or leave it to the modeler to do! Same goes for the hoist supports

Cheers!

Andy

Edited by Intruder_bass

Floyd,

keep in mind the real life dimensions of the mount supports might not work for the Trumpeter kit simply because it is relatively inaccurate in shape... I have noticed that when building the radar pod for port side. Ideally it would be nice to attach the probe to the side of the fuselage so it is perfectly aligned and measure the necessary distances "on the spot"...

...or leave it to the modeler to do! Same goes for the hoist supports

Cheers!

Andy

I'd like to get it as close as possible. It may come down to the modeler having to scratch build them to fit their model. The hoist will definitely be left to the modeler. I will provide the actual measurements.

The fits I've been having with the casters over the canopy area is enough to try even my patience. I'm sure we'll work through it but it is painfully slow. LOL

Floyd

• 2 weeks later...

Here are what I think are the last pieces for the MH-47E. I may go back and look at the front upper hoist mount as I have better photos now. I think we are really close on this baby.

All is not great news though. The people who said they could do the windows have backed out of the deal. Luckily they refunded all of my money. I have another company lined up and they assure me that they can do it. Fingers crossed. The canopy is the really the biggest and most important part in the whole conversion. It must be perfect.

Anyhow, I'm working on it. I'm hoping that we can get this thing done by the Nats, which I unfortunately won't be able to attend.

Floyd

All parts are just white glued into place.

IMG_9570_zpsbd79b510.jpg

IMG_9569_zpsb46e6e65.jpg

IMG_9567_zps7b5e97d9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Good news all around. I have finally finished all the parts. Yahoo. They will all go to the casters tomorrow. There is still the issue of the windows, however, I believe the new caster will do them justice and I'm not concerned about them. What this means is that it is just a matter of time and we will be seeing the first MH-47E being built. Sorry it has taken so long but I think everyone will be suitably happy with the conversion.

Floyd

Cool if you need anymore pics i'm going to an raf base where they are based in a couple of weeks from now.

Clive

Then take as many quality photos as you can. I need everything. All angles of all the equipment and the airframe. Start at the nose and work your way around. Don't forget the cockpit and cargo area. It is better to have too many photos than not enough. If you can use a ruler in the photo. Nice to know how big something is.

Floyd

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a bad photo of the initial pull of the cockpit assembly in clear resin. Yahoo, this is the biggest hurdle. You'll notice the rest of the conversion in the background. Those are initial pulls as well. You should start to see the build on here soon. I am so behind in builds. LOL

Floyd

ClearCockpit_zpsfb79a6d0.jpg