A Su-33 typical loadout?

• 3 years later...

Hello

Bump on this interesting thread! :)

Im currently building the beautiful kinetic kit.

Based on pictures, it seems that wing inner pylons ( those near the wheel bays, on the fixed wing root) is never used.

Someone can confirm that?

Then, for land based su33, is it possible to carry more missiles? (Under and between intakes for example..)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Romain

I've seen them doing passes above USN ship and they were loaded with a dreadful load of Kinder Surprise which is know to be an offensive and deadly weapon for the US

I'm saw full load under Su-33 only at MAKSs airshows, but actually in real life all hardpoints in working conditions, theoretically Su-33 can used missiles form any pylons.

Thanks guys!

I found a picture of land based red 81 with all 10 hardpoint filed with live missiles.

(Exept the inner wing points)

Bye

I am honestly not sure. If it can take off with full load, i am sure it can do that barely and that it was only done by test pilots. I have certainly never seen that. Maybe Ken can dig something out in a book he have.

I remember to have read that it can take off full armed but with a reduced fuel load; so in an hypothetical war mission it could be flown off the deck fully armed and refuelled in air by a tanker or by another Su33. Need to dig in my books to find sources...

Edited by Andrea Bolla
Do all Su-33's have either the tiger or eagle on the tails ? I was thinking of building mine without it.

Only two AVMF squadrons operated the Su-33 - both under the 279th OKIAP - Sqn 1 with the diving eagle and Sqn 2 with the Tigers head.

Earlier photos showing testing and trials / workups are without the Sqn logos - so find a photo of the one you want without the marking prior to them going operational.

Re the takeoff - as I understand it, the Su-33 can tak off from the longest position (there are 3 - two at the bow and one about halfway down the port side) fully loaded.

Don't forget that they don't accelerate from a standing start - they are held back at full power by retractable 'fingers' in the deck - so they are straining at the leash and when the fingers retract, they leap forward.

There are photos out there of Su-33's being buddy-buddy refueled by other Su-33's fitted with a UPAZ pod - although whether this was used operationally I don't know.

Ken

• 1 year later...

It is FAB-500M62 bomb, two on harpoints between engines. Same bombs on front plane of other picture (with pointed nose).

About aviliable this pylons in Kinetic models - i don't know, but it is standard bomb pylons for Su-27s family aircrafts.

which are the most accurate acrylic colors for the Su-33? AKAN, A.MIG or Mr.Paint?

my doubt arises from the fact that AKAN uses a light blue instead of a light gray (as opposed to the other two brands)

2 hours ago, Alpagueur said:

which are the most accurate acrylic colors for the Su-33? AKAN, A.MIG or Mr.Paint?

my doubt arises from the fact that AKAN uses a light blue instead of a light gray (as opposed to the other two brands)

I bought the Akan paints and thought they looked a bit off. But then I saw a build somebody did using Hataka paints and I was so convinced they looked right I ordered them straight away.

3 hours ago, joeltc said:

I bought the Akan paints and thought they looked a bit off. But then I saw a build somebody did using Hataka paints and I was so convinced they looked right I ordered them straight away.

hi Joel, can you tell me the link of that build? is this the set you were speaking of?

http://hataka-hobby.com/products/ultimate-su-33-flanker-d-paint-set/

many thanks.

Edited by Alpagueur
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
On 07.10.2023 at 18:51, tiny05 said:

Я наткнулся на видео на YouTube, в котором показан СУ-33, взлетающий с авианосца с полной полезной нагрузкой.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3Dmhzu0mMg

All missiles that have transverse stripes are mockups. There are no stripes on combat missiles.