Thread size for Badger 250 / 250 airbrush hose

Hi there

My wife bought me a litle compressor over Christmas, however the output fitting is male 1/8 BSP. I need to know what the correct thread size is for the Badger 250/350 series airhoses, as I will have to get an adapter sent mail order from overseas.

Can you advise me?

Thanks

so do you want to connect a Badger hose to a 1/8 compressor OR attach a Badger airbrush to a 1/48 hose ?

if its the #1 choice go to the pluming section of any hardware store with your badger hose and get a .50$ copper adapter

if its #2 i recommend getting one that is specificaly made for Badger (something like this)

so do you want to connect a Badger hose to a 1/8 compressor OR attach a Badger airbrush to a 1/48 hose ?

if its the #1 choice go to the pluming section of any hardware store with your badger hose and get a .50$ copper adapter

if its #2 i recommend getting one that is specificaly made for Badger (something like this)

Thanks Neo, but unfortunately neither of those. The output from the compressor is 1/8 BSP Male, and I need a male threaded connection for the badger hose which seems to be about 3/8" diameter with a really fine thread.

Hi there

My wife bought me a litle compressor over Christmas, however the output fitting is male 1/8 BSP. I need to know what the correct thread size is for the Badger 250/350 series airhoses, as I will have to get an adapter sent mail order from overseas.

Can you advise me?

Thanks

I will love to help, but I don't know what your question is. And you need to provide more information such as the brand and model of the comperssor you got for Christmas and the airhose you have now.

Badger airbrush uses metric M-5 size thread. (The latest Badger Krome comes with an adaptor for the Iwata hose.) If you have a Badger airhose now and it connect fine to the Badger 250, the airbrush end is ok. What kind of thread is the compressor end of your hose?

Most airbrush type compressor has a "female" 1/8" BSP output. The vendor usually ship the compressor with an 1/8"BSP to 1/8"BSP, or an 1/8"BSP to 1/4"BSP or an 1/8"BSP to 1/4"NPT connector. The last one being the most popular. Some compressor ship their compressor with all three connectors. You said that your compressor has 1/8"BSP male thread. Are you sure of that?

Most airbrush hose has a female 1/4"BSP at the compressor end. But there hose with 1/8"BSP at the compressor end too. If your hose has the female 1/4"BSP, you will need get an 1/8"BSP FEMALE TO 1/4"BSP MALE Air Brush CONNECTOR.

Or better yet, replace the 1/8"BSP male connector with an 1/8" male to 1/4"BSP male connector such as this one on Ebay.

You can get these from US seller too, but the shipping is likely to be $6-10 instead of $1 from China. I don't know how long will it take to ship from China though!!

The best solution is to get a Badger airhose with M-5 thread on the airbrush end and 1/8"BSP on the compressor end. See the TCPGlobal webpage for example.

Thanks Neo, but unfortunately neither of those. The output from the compressor is 1/8 BSP Male, and I need a male threaded connection for the badger hose which seems to be about 3/8" diameter with a really fine thread.

so you need option 1

take your hose to the hardware store pluming section get a male that screws into your hose and on the other side its a 1/8 female

cost 1$

compressorb.jpg

so you need option 1

take your hose to the hardware store pluming section get a male that screws into your hose and on the other side its a 1/8 female

cost 1$

compressorb.jpg

Neo, the brass adapter to the left of you arrow is exactly what I want; a female 1/8 BSP fitting on one side, and on the other, a male thread to suit the Badger series hoses, which (thanks to a friend who lent me a vernier caliper and some thread guages) I have measured to be a 3/16" diameter (not 3/8" as I wrote previously) by what we have worked out to be a 60 threads per inch pitch - the imperial thread guages only went down to 40 TPI, so we used the metric ones and the thread pitch was between 0.45mm and 0.40mm, which works out at about 60 TPI. That, looking at thread reference charts, is a completely non-standard super fine thread size.

As for going down the local hardware stores, sorry to say that I am in Abu Dhabi - good hardware stores just don't exist here unfortunately.

In my spares box I have found an adapter, male Badger hose thread to a female 3/8" X 28 TPI thread, so I could use a female 1/8 BSP to male 3/8" X 28 TPI adapter and put this on the end of it.

My issue is I have to get it all by mail order, which is expensive, takes weeks and is unreliable; I therefore have to make sure that what I am ordering is exactly right!

Thanks for all your help guys

• 8 years later...

Hey there,

I ended up in this defunct thread while trying to find the dimensions of the Badger thread (pun NOT intended). If you also find yourself here, keep in mind that thread sizes are given by a diameter AND a pitch.

Saying that a thread is M5 (for example) is saying only one dimension to a set of coordinates. Badger threads have 5mm diameter, but you still need to know the pitch!

"Standard" M5 screws, have a pitch of 0.8 , "Fine" M5 a pitch of 0.5 (and some airbrushes indeed use M5*0.5). What I came here to confirm is that I suspect that the Badger thread is an M5*0.38 (that would be about 66.84 TPI). Am still not sure and will keep searching.