Phantom FGR-2 17 Squadron

Hi All

Just finished this Phantom, my first for the year. It's always nice to get one done.

The kit is a Hasegawa 1/48th FGR.2 kit, with some additions. I used the Aires cockpit set, Aires, aux intakes, Eduard Brassin AWG-10 Radar set, which is excellent, Eduard Brassin Ejector seats after ruining the seats that came with the Aires cockpit set, Flightpath ladder setdecals coutesy of Airdoc, with stencils grabbed from wherever I could find them.

First the Eduard \Brassin seats

fgr2-17-01.jpg

fgr2-17-02.jpg

fgr2-17-03.jpg

I rather liked these, though it took 3 days to get them together.

Next the build itself.

The Hasegawa kit needs no introduction, and the aftermarket additions all went together well enough.

fgr2-17-04.jpg

fgr2-17-05.jpg

fgr2-17-06.jpg

fgr2-17-07.jpg

fgr2-17-08.jpg

fgr2-17-09.jpg

fgr2-17-10.jpg

I hope you enjoy the pics, comments are always welcome.

Ted

Great job!!!!! How did you do the lines inside the radome?

Hi Phantom

The Eduard Brassin set comes with a F-4J radome as part of the set. This includes the interior detail seen, so it was just a paint job needed. For the FGR.2 I had to remove the pod under the chin, which was simple enough.

Thanks guys for the kind comments.

Ted

Looks great, really like it...what paints did you use?

P.S.: Looks like the antenna on the NLG door is missing

I used Hobby Color acrylics for the main camo and Tamiya acrylics for the metal areas at the back. Thanks for the heads up onthe antenna. It must have dropped off. I will sort that out.

Many thanks for everyones comments.

Ted

I used Hobby Color acrylics for the main camo and Tamiya acrylics for the metal areas at the back. Thanks for the heads up onthe antenna. It must have dropped off. I will sort that out.

Many thanks for everyones comments.

Ted

Ah, so Gunze H330/331 for the upper camo, I guess...thanks. Want to tackle one of these some time soon as well and can't really decide which green to use. After seeing this one, Gunze might me the way to go.

Ah, so Gunze H330/331 for the upper camo, I guess...thanks. Want to tackle one of these some time soon as well and can't really decide which green to use. After seeing this one, Gunze might me the way to go.

Yup, 330, 331 is what I used. I have been told by some that the green is similar to FS34079, though I'm not sure.

Good luck with your's. Look forward to seeing it.

Ted

Hi All

Just finished this Phantom, my first for the year. It's always nice to get one done.

The kit is a Hasegawa 1/48th FGR.2 kit, with some additions. I used the Aires cockpit set, Aires, aux intakes, Eduard Brassin AWG-10 Radar set, which is excellent, Eduard Brassin Ejector seats after ruining the seats that came with the Aires cockpit set, Flightpath ladder setdecals coutesy of Airdoc, with stencils grabbed from wherever I could find them.

First the Eduard \Brassin seats

I rather liked these, though it took 3 days to get them together.

Next the build itself.

The Hasegawa kit needs no introduction, and the aftermarket additions all went together well enough.

I hope you enjoy the pics, comments are always welcome.

Ted

Ted... beautiful seats!! How did you get the ejection handles striped so perfectly?

Thanks,

Paul

Ted... beautiful seats!! How did you get the ejection handles striped so perfectly?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul

Thanks for the interest.

The face blind seat handles I painted with a fine brush. The seats came with etched pre painted handles, but they look too flat to me, so I adapted the kit handles.

The handle on the seat itself was pre-painted etch.

Ted