Italian Marina AV-8B+ Harrier II

Don

For a paint job that almost made you throw in the towel, it looks awesome now!

ALF

Still a little gunshy about masking anything. I haven't done the wheelwells yet, don't want to peel any paint again. I did use low tack tape at a few places or i could use post-its. Did some painting on the nose today that shows touch ups done on the radome and access panels. I used lightened Light Ghost Grey for this and i did an overall random spray with this as well.

IMG_2588_zps1ed47751.jpg

IMG_2589_zps00f54f10.jpg

I added some black patches on the wings and horizontal surfaces to show paint chipping. I may go heavier on the tail surfaces.

IMG_2590_zps0656894b.jpg

IMG_2591_zpsb27e7fff.jpg

Did some weathering on the tanks, this might be too heavy and i might redo these. Pics i've found show a great variety in paint finishes and wear and tear on these builds.

IMG_2593_zps922327d6.jpg

IMG_2594_zps8763130b.jpg

Don

Okay, started gluing parts on and doing some weathering. I've slowed down on the build as the weather is nice and losing some interest in the build. The belly on these tend to get really grimy with exhaust stains and hydraulic oil stains. I used yellow ochre/black/raw umber oil paints to do the staining. I followed this up with exhaust staining done with Tamiya make-up kits and MiG Pigments. I did overall staining with oil paint filters and more MiG pigments. Still have a lot of small parts to glue on, could have this done by next weekend.

IMG_2629_zpsc097228c.jpg

IMG_2628_zps5b16d6a7.jpg

IMG_2632_zps13ea07c1.jpg

IMG_2633_zps99735f61.jpg

IMG_2635_zps2798b2f5.jpg

I've managed to adjust and glue on the outriggers. Trumpeter made these adjustable, so you could level the gear and make sure all wheels are touching. Still have more weathering to do and still haven't really settled on a loadout.

IMG_2645_zps7b09f1af.jpg

IMG_2644_zps45e1c26f.jpg

IMG_2643_zps515766d4.jpg

For a build that is really an OOB build, it sure is taking me a loooong time to finish.

Don

I can't wait till u build a 1/12 F1 car. Your large scale planes are all amazing.

This is no exception.

Thanks for the feedback,guys!! This build took a long time to finish, lost interest a few times. I've built about ten Trumpeter 1/32 aircraft kits, the issues never bothered me. I don't know why but this time the issues seemed to put me off, maybe i got tired of holding my nose this time. Anyway, it's done. time to think of my next build. I think i want to do a "shake n bake kit " this time. Hey Big!! is the racecar build on ? Just figuring out the logistics and timing of future builds.

Don

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Can't say i enjoyed the build as much as other builds i've done, just glad it's over. I didn't like the pics, too dark/yellow so i took a few more with different lighting.

IMG_2771_zps0bf5640b.jpg

IMG_2772_zps94027c27.jpg

IMG_2776_zpsdbad743f.jpg

IMG_2777_zps694f5924.jpg