1/35 OH-6A Cayuse - Dragon Kit

OK gentlemen, I'll attempt something write.

no, I'll used decals from kits.

Building of these birds isn't hard. Model isn't complicated, but is able to come on several problems.

1.I recommend patch up front part body with tail separately and then both halves body to one another. Because there will originate unsightly edge.

2.When the paste in cockpit to the body, whether plastic or resin, originate after perimeter light spaces.. These spaces be enough obliterate two-part sealant cement and slick down water. I use Alteco epo puty.

3.When the I am be sticky canopy on Defender, so I am him cut open, to I'm could finish interior behind optics. On OH-6 I'm auditioned other progress. I am cut off door frame, you stick on on canopy and after paint it all glue to back. It is possibly alternate, so there canopy click. But canopy there fits on the whole well.

OK gentlemen, I'll attempt something write.

no, I'll used decals from kits.

Building of these birds isn't hard. Model isn't complicated, but is able to come on several problems.

1.I recommend patch up front part body with tail separately and then both halves body to one another. Because there will originate unsightly edge.

2.When the paste in cockpit to the body, whether plastic or resin, originate after perimeter light spaces.. These spaces be enough obliterate two-part sealant cement and slick down water. I use Alteco epo puty.

3.When the I am be sticky canopy on Defender, so I am him cut open, to I'm could finish interior behind optics. On OH-6 I'm auditioned other progress. I am cut off door frame, you stick on on canopy and after paint it all glue to back. It is possibly alternate, so there canopy click. But canopy there fits on the whole well.

Thanks for the info! So if I understand correctly, you cut the cockpit door fame from the body, then installed the canopy, then glued the door frame back in place? I might just have to try that myself.

Ray

Ingenious idea. Definitely gonna use that for my 1/72 builds (MH-6J & OH-6A)

Take care,

Austin

Interesting idea. The Dragon OH-6 kits are pretty nice but I've always had problems with the canopy. I'll have to try this on the next build.

Interesting idea. The Dragon OH-6 kits are pretty nice but I've always had problems with the canopy. I'll have to try this on the next build.

Same here! I have two Dragon 500's lying around for ages but never had the nerve to start them because of the awful fit of the canopy on the ones that I had already built.

Thanks!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Wow, what a beautiful Loach, i love it. The RB barrell looks sweet. You should have added the reflex sight for the minigun.

Congratulations on a spectacular model.

Rod.

Rod,

Most Vietnam pilots removed the sight as it stuck out into the cockpit making impaling one's head in a crash a distinct possibility. By the way, that is one beautiful Loach, Bill. Congratulations!

Ray