1./NJGr 10 Bf 109 G6/AS red 2

Hi Everyone

Firstly i was wondering if anyone had pics of this particular aircraft it was one of Frederich Karl Mullers mounts during his time in 1./NjGr 10 during August 1944 previously it belonged to JG 300 it is featured on the link below and if you scroll down there is a nice colour profile, but i was wondering if there is any info or pics depicting the wing camoflage pattern and the right side of the aircraft?

http://falkeeins.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/hans-dittes-ex-hispano-bf-109-g-10.html

Secondly this aicraft being a G6/AS and a nightfighter would i be correct in assuming it would have basically a G6 cockpit with the addition of night fighting equipment? i know MDC have a 109 G6-14 night fighter detail set would this surfice with a standard G6 late style cockpit?

Cheers and thankyou in advance

Brad

Well I tried to find more info, but as you know there is very little, which is a blessing and a curse.

As noted in the article you linked to there are virtually no photo's of this a/c, so you have artistic license to do as you please and no one can say your wrong.It's an interesting A/C and if I were building it, I would just mimic the paint scheme on the other side, not a mirror image but just give it the same treatment as the left side, I'm sure the top surfaces were just the standard pattern.

As far as special equipment, I don't see any additional antennas depicted on it so I would assume a standard cockpit, and I would think any additional cockpit displays would be an add-on to the standard pit, I'm sure it was not a specialized cockpit.

I want to do one of those with the red landing gear, brings a bit more interest to the a/c.

What scale and kit were you planning on building?

Curt

Try looking for some flight-sim "Skins", I searched a couple sites I know of with no luck, but the skinner's are quite sticklers for details as we are, it might give you some inspiration for that right side.

Edited by Netz

Cheers Netz!!

Thanks for your efforts And the red landing gear struts were a selling point for me too plus the fact it was a night fighter too(something i dont have in my collection of 109's) so two birds with one stone.I think the red landing gear was a visual marker for mw50 or high octane fuel birds or something like that, if anyone wants to confirm that feel free! Again thanks for your help and advice Netz this is why i love this forum! :D/>

Cheers

Brad