1/35 Academy Kiowa Warrior

OK gang, I'm back in the mix!

Dave K. (theranddav) generously donated, yes, DONATED a full set of blades for my Kiowa to replace the ones I ruined while trying to add droop. I've spent the time since their arrival working on the rotor system. There's not a whole lot of progress to post, since it's mostly just black paint and some drybrushing. I'm also starting work on the weapons and other fiddly bits. The big stuff's out of the way so now it's just a matter of getting the odds and ends built up, painted up, and attached.

I'll keep you updated and post pix of the progress as I make it.

Cheers,

-O

• 2 months later...

OK gang,

My Kiowa Warrior's done! She sat unfinished for way too long, but I finally found some time to button her up. This is the only photo I have for the moment:

DSC00530_zpsf8161528.jpg

A full-on photo session will happen a little later tonight. Before that happens though, I need some input. I was thinking of throwing a map on the IP shield. Whatcha think?

With?

DSC00533_zps55c911a3.jpg

Or without?

DSC00532_zps2db0e9d1.jpg

Lemme know.

Cheers,

-O

Hi O,

Well, she looks good. Pretty good!

But the Zactomodels' MMS would be a real icing on the cake. ;)/>/>/>/>

Waiting for more pics.

Cheers!

Alexander

Alexander,

I wish I had the money to get all the beautiful resin goodies that are out there in the world! I have to make do with what I have, and hope that my modeling skills are enough to pump out decent looking models. The good thing is that trying to get good results building stuff OOB helps hone my abilities.

Anyway, here she is:

DSC00544_zps7451c46c.jpg

I'm gonna post this pic in the Display Case, and I'll be posting a lot more in Critique Corner. See 'em here: KW in Critique Corner

Thanks for lookin'!

-O

Edited by oortiz10

Hey that is really nice - I can smell the jet fuel, and my fingers feel gritty from all the dust it is blowing up in the landing zone. Sweet.

ALF

Looks awesome. I love well done helo builds they just have a look to them that usually isn't captured in aircraft for whatever reason. Like a blend of armor and aircraft all in one package.

Great job!

• 3 years later...