? re Hasegawa 1/72 F/A-18C kits

I've noticed that one can buy a 1/72 F/A-18C in "Chippy Ho" markings for GBP 14.99 at Hannants. The same scale kit in "Golden Dragon" markings is GBP 30.62 (now reduced). Did Hasegawa upgrade the plastic with more details or is it the same plastic with new decals? I'm not complaining, just want to know if I get upgraded plastic or just different decals for a 100% price increase. Thanks for any comments.

Lothar

I guess the release dates may have something to do with the price. That particular Chippy Ho boxing was released in 1999, while the Golden Dragons CAG boxing was released in 2010. Interestingly enough, the Hasegawa MSRP also reflects the 100% price increase, with an MSRP of 1200 JPY for the Chippy Ho boxing and 2400 JPY for the Golden Dragons boxing.

Also, the Chippy Ho boxing is from the regular, continuously produced series, while the Golden Dragons is a one-off boxing.

I guess the release dates may have something to do with the price. That particular Chippy Ho boxing was released in 1999, while the Golden Dragons CAG boxing was released in 2010. Interestingly enough, the Hasegawa MSRP also reflects the 100% price increase, with an MSRP of 1200 JPY for the Chippy Ho boxing and 2400 JPY for the Golden Dragons boxing.

Also, the Chippy Ho boxing is from the regular, continuously produced series, while the Golden Dragons is a one-off boxing.

The golden dragons history is also a dual boxing with two kits.

Edit: actually it looks like the kit at hannants is Golden Dragons 2009, which only a single kit and not the same as the Golden Dragons History.

Edited by -Neu-

Lothar,

If you just care about the plastic, I still have the old boxing with VFA-82 markings. PM me if you are interested.

Kai

Thank you for your kind offer, but my question was just out of curiosity.

May not be what you want to hear, but the Academy kit is superior in just about every way, and (from several good on-line sources) will leave you with enough change for some a/m decals!

You're right, I've seen a kit recently and I was quite impressed.