Armor question from an aiplane guy

Hey guys,

I'm working on building Zvezda's 72nd scale model of the Mi-26 Halo heavy lift helicopter. I'm thinking of doing it in markings of a Russian Frontier Troops machine in Tajikistan about 1993. What would be an approiate vehicle to have loaded inside my helo? I see that ICM makes a number of 72nd scale modern Russian vehicles, but I really have no idea where to start. However, the vehicle must fit inside of the helo. A tank might be too heavy for a realistic load, so I'm thinking APC, or a command vehicle, or a pair of "jeeps". Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Fred K.

I've seen pics of BTR-60s being offloaded from Mi-26s in Afghanistan during the Soviet war era on english-russia.com. I would thing any of the airborne tanks like ASU-85s or BMDs would fit too.

Curtis

Hey guys,

I'm working on building Zvezda's 72nd scale model of the Mi-26 Halo heavy lift helicopter. I'm thinking of doing it in markings of a Russian Frontier Troops machine in Tajikistan about 1993. What would be an approiate vehicle to have loaded inside my helo? I see that ICM makes a number of 72nd scale modern Russian vehicles, but I really have no idea where to start. However, the vehicle must fit inside of the helo. A tank might be too heavy for a realistic load, so I'm thinking APC, or a command vehicle, or a pair of "jeeps". Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Fred K.

Thanks for the replies guys! I ended up going with two ICM BTR-60s, mainly because the ICM kit seemed to be much more readily available than the Ace BMD kit. I bought two of them just in case they'll both fit in. This should be a fun project! Fred K.

Edited by f5guy