American's new livery

Just heard on the news last weeks that American and US Air were going to merge?

Is that true? Then there will be a new livery, anyway, or the new scheme is the merged livery already.

If it is the latter, then the new scheme makes sense!

http://blog.apex.aero/inflight-services-2/american-responds-to-criticism-over-new-livery-says-it-is-not-rethinking-the-design/

AA management is totally tone deaf. It seems that the flying public is, at best, lukewarm about this livery, so what does AA management do? It claims that the flying public just doesn't get it. Typical. That's part of the attitude that got AA into takeover territory in the first place.

Okay, rant mode off.

It's not growing on me. Actually it's growing more like an ingrown toe nail. If that fuselage is supposed to be some kind of pearlescent/metallic silver-grey, somebody messed up the paint. Looks pretty much like battleship gray to me.

Still "blech" to my eye.

Been here at the American Flight Academy the passed 2 weeks going through recurrent ground and upgrade training. A classmate came up with adding white A's in the blue and red fields above and below the Eagle head. Actually looks purdy kewel. The tail though has still got to GO!

Yuk. It looks like it was designed by a grade-school art class. The only thing that stands out about the new livery is its striking blandness.

Google American Airlines livery and you'll see that every alternative is better than what they went with.

This site has some nice ideas.

They should've gotten Jennings on the job!

Bri2k

P.S. Here's my favorite:

AAUS20airplane.jpg

It keeps the colors and the stylized eagle yet pays homage to U.S. Airways at the same time and sure is eye-catching. I would've flipped the eagle around so it's facing forward though.

Edited by Bri2k

I'll add my $.02. I was browsing for images of a310s and noticed this Aeroflot scheme from 20 years ago. I guess now we know where American got its idea. :whistle:/>

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Aeroflot/Airbus-A310-308-ET/2166210/&sid=37c1df17552427e8c115bc17fbc3706c

Jan

Yeah that's the photo I looked at and tried to link to in my first post on this topic (post #6 but couldn't correctly link the picture - well it worked when I was adding my reply). It does look for a few seconds just like the Aeroflot scheme and that scheme didn't last too long...

Yuk. It looks like it was designed by a grade-school art class. The only thing that stands out about the new livery is its striking blandness.

Google American Airlines livery and you'll see that every alternative is better than what they went with.

This site has some nice ideas.

They should've gotten Jennings on the job!

Bri2k

P.S. Here's my favorite:

AAUS20airplane.jpg

It keeps the colors and the stylized eagle yet pays homage to U.S. Airways at the same time and sure is eye-catching. I would've flipped the eagle around so it's facing forward though.

Looks like American Eagle.

I'll add my $.02. I was browsing for images of a310s and noticed this Aeroflot scheme from 20 years ago. I guess now we know where American got its idea. :whistle:/>

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Aeroflot/Airbus-A310-308-ET/2166210/&sid=37c1df17552427e8c115bc17fbc3706c

Jan

I'm betting the President of AMR hasn't seen this one. Someone's in deep shizit when he does.