M1 ABRAMS Aftermaket tracks and other items

Greetings all,

I'm taking a poke at building an armor diorama 1/35th scale 2 USMC M1A1'S and maybe an Amtrac (circa'04)Fallujah looking for aftermarket tracks for M1A1 not the cheveron type track that came with MRC and older Tamyia kit, does anyone make rubber,vinylor plastic link modern type? I did find actual metal tracks but 34 bucks a set is way to pricey for me,or links to any other aftermarket goodies for the Abrams. thanks,IRONDOC

Edited by IRONDOC
  • 2 months later...

I do like the question. Which is the best? I've been using google, here, and armorama (trying to not to join yet another forum, but might not be able to resist since there's so much good knowledge on armor modeling there). Seems like the AVF club T-158 are the running favorites but not sure the best place to get them. Is there a good forum sponsor that has them in stock? What are the pros and cons of the AFV Club Bigfoots vs Dragon "Magic Track" (from the AIM) vs the Dragon tracks in the SEP kit. The one that looked **** was the friulmodels metal set but seems to be the most expensive and probably have to face the same tension issues you do with Magic Tracks?

The issue with the Dragon Magic Tracks is having to sand down a mold release pin on every track and the end connectors being fixed, hence they will not bend around the sprockets correctly. Both of these can be fixed with some work.

The AFV Club T158 tracks are the best T158s out there. They go together great and look great when done. They are my choice.

The Dragon T158LL tracks in the M1A2 SEP kit are also great, but are only used on some of the latest tanks, so an older tank, pre-'06 or so, wouldn't look right with them on.

The Fruil tracks are stupidly high priced if you ask me. I don't care how good they are, I'm not paying that much for them.