testshots DACO F-104 Starfighter Update Set ( Part one)

Hi All

I met Danny Coremans today and he showed me the first testshots (at last!!but better late than never) of his 1/48 F-104 update set.

They really look good. The engraving and details are very fine and sharp. There will be 4 clear sprues (Clear/Red/Orange/Blue) and of course a comprehensive decal sheet.

He could not give me a release date yet (but they probably will be available at SMW 2013 in Telford ). He will post better pictures on his website http://ultra.glo.be/daco/ comming week.

Enjoy

Huub

IMG_1594-2.jpg

IMG_1593-2.jpg

IMG_1592-2.jpg

IMG_1589-2.jpg

Edited by Huub

Wow... nice! And only like 8 years late :)

Any chance of a replacement aft fuselage that isn't covered with divots? Appreciate having the wings and stabs, but that aft fuselage always puts me off building the kit.

For the novice, how much of this set applies to US 104 planes?

The wings, control surfaces and elevator, the canopy detail, the avionics computer module bay (may need references as to which modules were fitted), the centreline pylon, tip tank fins...perhaps more.

For the novice, how much of this set applies to US 104 planes?

The wings, control surfaces and elevator, the canopy detail, the avionics computer module bay, the centreline pylon, tip tank fins...perhaps more.

Adding to this list: rudder, NACA intake, antennas, cartridge bay cover (behind nose wheel), drag chute pack, helmet(s), wing pylon & additional weight, RWR, Sidewinders & rails, ...

And if you'll be doing a Starfighter based at Luke, these are German F-104Gs in an USAF blanket, so then you will use even a lot more of this set... (German seat, main wheel doors, exhaust, SUU-21 Practice Bomb Dispenser, ... )

Danny

DACO Products

Adding to this list: rudder, NACA intake, antennas, cartridge bay cover (behind nose wheel), drag chute pack, helmet(s), wing pylon & additional weight, RWR, Sidewinders & rails, ...

And if you'll be doing a Starfighter based at Luke, these are German F-104Gs in an USAF blanket, so then you will use even a lot more of this set... (German seat, main wheel doors, exhaust, SUU-21 Practice Bomb Dispenser, ... )

Danny

DACO Products

And so I'm now in and look forward to someone posting when these are available. At least one so I can do the Hasegawa F-104S as a 104S. Then come US planes.

• 6 months later...

I hope this is coming out soon. I want many!

I will literally be buying more F-104 kits and decals in order to use with this set. What an awesome shot in the arm for the Hasegawa kit which I already like.

Any updates on the release.

Sincerely excited...

Zach

This is exciting news! I have 4 Hase Starfighter kits to build. This will make me wait until I can pick up 4 of these beauties, before I start on the builds.

WTG, DACO!

ALF

Unfortunately this is going to hurt Belcher Bits a little. I had intended to pick up their CF-104 weapons set before but with this being injection molded and offering a lot more than just weapons I will sit tight and wait to pick up a few of these.

The nukes will be useful for the weapons bay of my FB-111 build as well since Hobby Boss failed to include any appropriate weapons for the FB-111A in their kit.....

Zach

Unfortunately this is going to hurt Belcher Bits a little. I had intended to pick up their CF-104 weapons set before but with this being injection molded and offering a lot more than just weapons I will sit tight and wait to pick up a few of these.

The nukes will be useful for the weapons bay of my FB-111 build as well since Hobby Boss failed to include any appropriate weapons for the FB-111A in their kit.....

Zach

It wont hurt Mike at all, he has made his money.

The second round of test shots have arrived here and a lot of items have been improved since the first set of test shots.

The list of things-still-to-adjust is relative short, but I don't release the set without these items being corrected.

Anyhow I hope to have the release date around the end of this year...

Good news for all who are impatient to get this set in hand: I"ll be raffling one second test shot set away during my annual anniversary sale, which takes place during the first weeks of next month. All orders get a 20% discount and there will be one happy modeler between all clients. If you aren't yet, subscribe on my email newsletter list to get the info early September ...

BTW, the full set (which will be containing 14 sprues) is visible on my website - but it hasn't been updated yet recently.

Danny

DACO Products

http://ultra.glo.be/daco

(email daco <at> glo.be )

Edited by DACO Products

Zach

from what I'm seeing if you are doing CF-104's it should be worth buying both sets as the Belcher set includes CAF-specific weapons while this set addresses everything else. You're just going to end up with two sets of pylons although an alternate option is to buy the Kinetic CF-5A and steal those weapons for the Canadian-specific bits since most CF-5's carried minimal weapons.