Revell 1/32 Lynx Mk.88A from the box

HI Guys

here is my latest , it is of course the Revell 1/32 scale Westland Lynx Mk.88A from the box. this will be a future article in Mai so this is why just the one photo. Hope that you like her? [

IMG_4708_zpsc9e9910e.jpg

John

Looks darn perfect, except for the rotor blade droop - Lynx is an exception to blade droop as its static position of the blades is slightly upwards.

Any in progress pics?

Do the windows fit?

Any problems with decals?

Man it looks great! :thumbsup:

Edited by Phoinix

Looks darn perfect, except for the rotor blade droop - Lynx is an exception to blade droop as its static position of the blades is slightly upwards.

Any in progress pics?

Do the windows fit?

Any problems with decals?

Man it looks great! :thumbsup:/>

The blades have drooped under their own weight and I had four failures of the rotor head so i am reluctant to start to bend it too much the links are very weak.

Progress pictures will be in the magazine article when published.

The windows fit ok but there is a little slack around a couple the biggest problem was the windscreen which was fouled by the instrument panel and sat just slightly high on one side.

Decals worked well although the biggest problem Ih had was due to them being so think

Stunning! Any hints on your method for doing those FOD guards?

TIA and congrats for such a good work

Azor

HI Azor

I simply dragged a scalpel blade over the surface and made multiple passes parallel to the last then rubbed a silver pencil over the surface which left some of the lead in the scratches, it kind of works ok.

Hope this helps

John