Some progress on the Alpha Jet...

What's the deal with the wing to fuselage joint? And at looks like the intake fit is not the greatest.

Steven L :unsure:/>

Well, it takes time to make the join better, but minimial putty probably required.

The intake will the full in-take truck, so some inproper assembly will make the intake have a seam line. But sure it is workable to fix.

The shape of the Alpha is quite complex, just the landing gear is 12 parts.

In general terms, it looks good to me. I have been working on decal sheets for this kit for a while now; so I am highly interested in its success.

A couple points:

-The test shot has a lot of characteristics of the surplus Alpha Jets operated by Top Aces in Canada. I am aware of your connections to Canada and I've been expecting this; but please keep in mind that Alpha Jets Top Aces configuration is somewhat different than those flown by important military users of the type. The ejection sets look like the Martin-Baker Mk.10 seats installed by Top Aces. Will you be providing accurate ejection seats for Luftwaffe (Stencel SIIIS-3AJ) or early French Air Force(Martin-Baker Mk.4)? In my opinion, the pointy-nose kit version will lose a big part of its appeal if it can't be built as a Luftwaffe example out of the box.

-Will you provide the dorsal fin extension as seen on aircraft operated by Qatar, Nigeria, Togo, Ivory Coast etc.?

Again, thanks for doing this and hopefully we'll see it in other scales as well.

Some parts (rear) of the fuselage look strange in the proposed pictures.

I think Kinetic has to purchase asap some copies of the PJ Production Alpha Jet resin kit... Could be a wise investment.

http://www.pj-production.be/fr/6-avions-1-48

V.P.

Yes, we have that sample. But sorry said that the PJ's resin has some shape and dimension accurancy problem. We have compared it with the line draw from the aircraft maker. The kit will come with A/E parts (shape and round nose).

Raymond thanks so much for putting this in your future kits to release. I think it is a great subject. I saw these here in Canada many years ago when they were flown by the West German Luftwaffe and loved them. Looking forward to this release.

Now I can get rid of my ESCI kits which I have at least two in my stash. Lots wrong with that kit and I can see it looks like you have the location of the leading edge of the wing correct with respect to the rear canopy. On the Esci kit that is VERY wrong.

I think it's quite ugly. The only way to improve it is to make it in 1/72 scale ..

:monkeydance:/>

What he said!

Minus the dancing monkey, obviously. We do have certain standards to maintain. ;)

Cheers,

Andre

The wing leading edge (near the root) of the Kinetic test shot looks WRONG. This part of the Alpha Jet wing leading edge is not straight but present a characteristic "crack".

And I don't speak about the panel lines... I think Kinetic has to re-shape the wing of its prototype!

As said "shape of the Alpha is quite complex"

0821214.jpg[/

ailes_5r.png

aa_zps11ef4956.jpg

V.P.

Dear V.P.

I see what you means, we do have "kick" on the wings, but not as obvious as your photo (not a straight line). But the angle you see from the photo in close up will enlarge the "kick" effect where when we do it in 1/48, also at this angle, the "kick" is not too profound.

The wing leading edge (near the root) of the Kinetic test shot looks WRONG. This part of the Alpha Jet wing leading edge is not straight but present a characteristic "crack".

And I don't speak about the panel lines... I think Kinetic has to re-shape the wing of its prototype!

As said "shape of the Alpha Jet is quite complex"

0821214.jpg[/

ailes_5r.png

aa_zps11ef4956.jpg

V.P.

I double check the panel line, it seems the one show in your photo is different from the TopAces/Canada one. Well, we will recheck and if we are wrong, we can make the adjustment on the panel line.

Dear Mr. Chung

I'm not sure that between the Red Bull and Top Ace Alpahjets which are both second-hand German planes, Dassault Breguet Dornier have completely rebuilt wings with a different structure !

The only difference on Polished Alphajets (as Qinetiq UK, Patrouille de France and Red Bull) is that the rivets were completely cleaned.

They are so much more visible than on "warplanes" they are hidden by numerous layers of paint.

The only mistake on PJ's kit is on the wings in their engraving and their size...

I sent to you the 11 October 2012 this file in vector format:

ailes_5r.png

Now, we see that testshots are identical to the wrong CGI.

ailes_Kinetic.jpgailes_Kinetic_2.jpg

Furthermore, the engraving is mutch more false than the PJ's one, unknown lines were added, the form at the edges of attacks is not correct, and cutting in the form of the wings is not exist.

But some aircraft (French for example) have a small plate added at this place.

I had also offered freely to you a proposal for decals of many AlphaJets (some already published by FFSMC productions), the Mirage 2000-5/-9 and an updated and highly accurate sheet for 3 French E-2C:

Profils%20Alphajets.png

I had contacted you on 11 October 2012 on this forum, as well on your e-mails boxes of luckymodel.com and kineticmodel.com.

Patrice S., who had worked with you previously had done it until July.

Those two attempts kept unanswered.

Certain on my good faith, and my sources,

A hope, you could correct it for the pleasures of everyones.

Regards,

Nicolas.

Edited by 5R M&G

Mr Raymond

Very nice pls give us some Thai or Cameron markings .......estoric...pls ......As and added option for decals......

nice to see a alpha jet coming....my trainers are ....almost there with all popular types represented......

Whiles you are at it, how bout a decent 1/48 Pilatus Pc-7 .....prop that will be a hit with alot of people including me .....

rgds and thanks for some nice additions in the market

rgds

mr b

The Kink in the wing is definitely visible on the right wing in Raymonds test shot, this is a function of the angle the photo was taken on.

Whether this kink is enough is open to debate (but not by me as I don't have the knowledge to form an opinion based on 1 test shot)

Although I might buy one, I must agree it is an ugly trainer to my taste. No comparison with the new Alenia Aermacchi M-346 or the new Russian Yak-130. I would love any of those trainers in 1/48 scale.

Juan