Boeing 767 ( Revell 1/144th ) Air New Zealand

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in posts guys, things have been pretty hectic around the joint at the moment, been doing some study for a course so i have to take a break for a bit,

what i have accomplished so far isnt much but its a start anyways,

the wings and the other parts have been put together

DSC00002_zpsdc1ab504.jpg

the fuselage had been painted black on the inside to give it a bit of a shadow look and then joined together and let to sit for a while

DSC00001_zpsc79a7ce7.jpg

then i place the pieces in a rough lay out to see how big the aircraft is and i must say its a good size

DSC00003_zps93281064.jpg

i will try and get some more done soon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there Guys, some more has been done on the beauty of the skies from yesteryear,

the decals have gone onto the main fuselage and after a few issues and a bit of trimming they are on with a reasonable result.

I did have some major issues with getting the colours to wrap around the nose but its getting there,

let me know what you think

DSC05916_zps790e6e5e.jpg

DSC05917_zps7a941901.jpg

DSC05918_zps9fe25804.jpg

DSC05914_zpsf689021e.jpg

craig

When using Mircrosol you just follow the instructions on the bottle which are to position the decal the brush the solution onto it. Then leave it until set. If you have wrinkles or bubbles you just prick of cut then with a sharp knife and reapply the microsol.

You can also use heat inthe form of a hair dryer set to a low heat setting to get a similar and faster result. Just don't leave the heat directed at one location for too long as things start to melt!

Edited by Trojan Thunder

You can put micro sol on even after the decal has been placed and dried. But it doesn't always yield the best results. Or any other decal solvent but I've always only used micro sol. It's what's available here.

hi there guys many thanks for the advice, i have been using micro set and after a bit of time and carefull patience the decal has conformed and looks better now,

thanks for all of the tips and its back to the table to get more of it done.

hi there guys many thanks for the advice, i have been using micro set and after a bit of time and carefull patience the decal has conformed and looks better now,

thanks for all of the tips and its back to the table to get more of it done.

Make sure and get some micro sol to go with the micro set. Micro set goes on first when you're laying the decal down. It begins the softening process and helps make a better bond. Then micro sol is really what does the magic! Good news that it worked though.

• 5 weeks later...

well team the build is complete, i am quite happy with the result, it will look good in my collection,

looking at it now there is definitly room for improvement as with any project

fell free to add positive comments

i will put pics here and then in the completed builds thread

DSC05977_zpsb4af3139.jpg

DSC05978_zpsa7b66102.jpg

after taking these pics i discovered that the garage monster had eaten one of the nose wheels not very happy with that.