My father just pass away

Dear Friends

Let me say that after a long struggle with diseases my father pass away today at 1130 am local time (GMT-6) the burial now set for tomorrow at 1000 am here in San Salvador at Jardines del Recuerdo

I remmember him playing with me and saying you have to wait for me to complete the models, all Matchbox kinds Spitfire, Mustang P-51 (his all time propeller favorite) Bf-109 and Fw-190, watching Battle of England, A Bridge to far away, the Bridges of Toko Ri, The Longest day, The Eagle has landed, Force 10 of Navarone, Bond Series, Star Wars Star Treek and lots more; reading me lots of stories about all the success of the Mirages and Phantoms (his and mine all time favorites jets fighters) of the IDF AF and WWII newspapers

So long my father so long my friend I´ll miss you already

Armando

Dear Friends

Let me say that after a long struggle with diseases my father pass away today at 1130 am local time (GMT-6) the burial now set for tomorrow at 1000 am here in San Salvador at Jardines del Recuerdo

I remmember him playing with me and saying you have to wait for me to complete the models, all Matchbox kinds Spitfire, Mustang P-51 (his all time propeller favorite) Bf-109 and Fw-190, watching Battle of England, A Bridge to far away, the Bridges of Toko Ri, The Longest day, The Eagle has landed, Force 10 of Navarone, Bond Series, Star Wars Star Treek and lots more; reading me lots of stories about all the success of the Mirages and Phantoms (his and mine all time favorites jets fighters) of the IDF AF and WWII newspapers

So long my father so long my friend I´ll miss you already

Armando

Armando,

I'm so sorry about your loss. Your childhood sounds like mine and I can easily put myself into your shoes. Please remember the good times while you mourn.

Que En paz descanse

My deepest sympathies to you and your family. I know how special the bond between father and son can be. I lost my dad 26 years ago and I still think about him every day.

One really funny storyWell I was called Owl during my childhood because my thik glases (btw I got lasik about 8 years ago) so from the begining of teen years I know that to be a pilot was a really non realistic dream so I studied to be and become an engineer but the passion to soar across the sky never got vanish in my heart, so during years of modeller, aviation study my father aswered a phone call asking for Captain Giron (that´s me Armando Giron) we share same voice by phone and my father tought a prank call saying Captain What ??????? the caller aswer him back sorry Col. Giron we're looking for your son Captain Giron (for many people if you like planes you have to be plane captain or to be in the military)so when I returned back from job my father made me call them back but only after doing that he was laughing really heavy he told me the much he enjoyed aswering the call

Best day

Armando

Edited by RAGATIGER