JJ Abrams is set to ruin another scify icon

except for the first movie...which was devoid of just about anything...

Generations used the nexus as its plot device just like the red matter, in the same way. resetting time, one could argue that the original timeline of the Enterprise D was destroyed when the planet was wiped out and that everything since was taking place in the "nexus"

The first movie had great effects. I also think the plot was generally okay. It was just poorly directed and edited. They could have easily cut a half hour off of it.

With your Nexus timeline comment...that was not the way the story was presented. But even if it were so, at least it was the same as before, so no harm done.

• 2 weeks later...

"because the public demanded it; standalone films of Anakin skywalker and Jaja binks were also announced" :monkeydance:

Oh no! 1.5 to 2 hours of Jar Jar Binks. Mesa head hurts. And just think people were upset about how George Lucas reworked Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope where Han Solo confronts Greedo. In 1977, Han shot first but in 1997 Greedo shot first and a lousy close range shot from a "bounty hunter". This is a shot Boba Fett would never have missed :monkeydance: . I can see it now JJ Abrams will make alot of people extremely upset more than the Han Solo shot first stuff.

This is a shot Boba Fett would never have missed

You mean the same Boba Fett who had all of 30 seconds of screen time in the original trilogy, and was killed when a blind Han Solo accidentally bashed his jetpack with a stick? Yeah..real tough guy.

SN

I you read the books Greedo was a young inexperienced bounty hunter. Han was to be his big score and get him fake and fortune. The only problem I have with the remake is that the laser bolt doesn't go the direction the gun is facing. It's like the morning after pee that goes wherever it wants to.

Like the scene from me myself and Irene

You mean the same Boba Fett who had all of 30 seconds of screen time in the original trilogy, and was killed when a blind Han Solo accidentally bashed his jetpack with a stick? Yeah..real tough guy.

SN

Amazing that a character with only 30 seconds of screen time could get so popular plus he looks way cooler than Greedo and has a large scale vinyl figure kit of him.

He was tough enough for George not to rework and alter his scene in 1997 :woot.gif:.

For the record, Han did not shoot first.

Han shot solo.

Yes he did and that's the way I like it in Episode IV. Good thing George did redo the Jabba scene because I never really figured out how Jabba morphed from some rather large dude into a large green larva thingy when I was a kid.

I you read the books Greedo was a young inexperienced bounty hunter. Han was to be his big score and get him fake and fortune. The only problem I have with the remake is that the laser bolt doesn't go the direction the gun is facing. It's like the morning after pee that goes wherever it wants to.

Like the scene from me myself and Irene

Now that makes more sense on his lousy shot. I never read the books so I wasn't aware of the bounty hunting experience of Greedo. George shoulda added a Greedo getting hammered scene so it would have made even more sense on his, as you pointed out, "morning after pee" shot :lol:.

Plus, it's hard to aim in heels.

Greedo-in-Heels.jpg

Maybe Greedo shoulda asked George for some cool boots and possibly the character would have been made into 1/8 scale vinyl figure kit :lol:.